Anyone want their Datsun drawn?

Hey everybody, I'm taking an Art class and right now we're working on a project where we have to draw something that symbolizes our hobbies. I'm looking for some nice high resolution shots of a couple of Datsuns that I could potentially draw. The pics can't be too complex (Cars in a forest, next to the ocean, etc.) The picture will be in graphite, and if it comes out okay, I'll send the owner of the car the original copy. So post up some pics, and let's see what you have to offer.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so far I've got datrod, 71DIMER, and ]2eDeYe that are definitely drawing pics of. 71DIMER and ]2eDeYe I'm probably going to do the second picture that you guys posted. Wayno, the picture is going to be drawn in graphite which would make it really hard to color in the black and make it look good. Dennis, I'm going to give yours a try and see what I can do, but no guarantees. Danfiveten, do you have any other pics? I like the 510, but I don't really like the options you provided me.

I would definitely be interested in futher discussion~ if your class project criteria and my desired outcome run parallel.

I'm thinking more along the caricature lines, like the below example done of my TA back in 1980~

TAbyGrossi1980.jpg

PM me if you think this'll work for us...

Peace~

Scott

Okay, so far I've got datrod, 71DIMER, and ]2eDeYe that are definitely drawing pics of. 71DIMER and ]2eDeYe I'm probably going to do the second picture that you guys posted. Wayno, the picture is going to be drawn in graphite which would make it really hard to color in the black and make it look good. Dennis, I'm going to give yours a try and see what I can do, but no guarantees. Danfiveten, do you have any other pics? I like the 510, but I don't really like the options you provided me.

Turbo.

If you want or need better pics let me know. And if you need some $$$ for art supply stuff let me know.

OVERLOAD!!!! :o

datrod, I will definitely let you know, right now I'm using the schools stuff, but eventually I'll need my own.

goki, I'll draw your car if you hook me up with some stickers :D lol jk nice pic, I'll give it a try.

danfiveten, you're a persistent fella :lol: Now, I really like those pics, specifically the one looking from the from of the car down the side.

albyneau, I've never done anything like that before, but I wouldn't mind trying.

GUS-GUS, I also really like yours, I'll probably draw one of those also.

I have 9 cars to draw so far, and I need ~1 week or so to finish one. Goki's is probably going to be the hardest to draw.

Here's 2 of my most recent drawings, the first being my dad's drag car:

Real pic

29bnjtf.jpg

My drawing

2lnxar.jpg

Then the Garrett Turbo that I drew. I had fun with this one because there was soooo much detail.

2yv53qc.jpg

OVERLOAD!!!! :o

datrod, I will definitely let you know, right now I'm using the schools stuff, but eventually I'll need my own.

goki, I'll draw your car if you hook me up with some stickers :D lol jk nice pic, I'll give it a try.

danfiveten, you're a persistent fella :lol: Now, I really like those pics, specifically the one looking from the from of the car down the side.

albyneau, I've never done anything like that before, but I wouldn't mind trying.

GUS-GUS, I also really like yours, I'll probably draw one of those also.

I have 9 cars to draw so far, and I need ~1 week or so to finish one. Goki's is probably going to be the hardest to draw.

Here's 2 of my most recent drawings, the first being my dad's drag car:

Real pic

29bnjtf.jpg

My drawing

2lnxar.jpg

Then the Garrett Turbo that I drew. I had fun with this one because there was soooo much detail.

2yv53qc.jpg

NICE!!!!!!!!! Love the turbo. :lol: