Sunkist 521 ka24e

socaldatsun

It might be the toirson bars man, they might be cranked down?

when you do the coilovers set up your supposed to remove them aswell. witch is the point why alot of use do this set up.

when bebanni did his thread he said that 350 was good enough and 400 was stiff on his ka.

torson bars are quit heavy so removing them might help, i also relocated the battery to the rear so that helps too lol

Ok, he removed the torsion bars and im doing fox coil overs myself.I guess my point i was trying to make is if the KA/Sr20's are heavier then the L series,so then you might need heavier springs.but if the 400's work then right on.
  • Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 620 truck is back on the road! Thanks again to the hard work from my friends at R Rated Motorsports in Ontario. They installed all new coil overs which required a ton of cutting and welding. New Kingpin kit, new bushings for the sway bar, torsion bars, and control arms. Everthing was cleaned and powder coated to match. They even spent a full day adjusting my powersteering so I would get full turns without rubbing. The 400 lbs springs are OK on ride hieght, but now strong enough to support the heavier KA24DETs weight. Not to mention my own pounds I seem to keep packing on. Here are a few shots now that she back at home for a few test driving miles.

Smashed springs when its on the ground equals no travel!

1a0f4da6.jpg

IDK if he did man?

and might be the shocks, i do see that he used a difrent shock looks a little short.

i asked BEE to see whats going on, i know that bottoming out the shcoks voids the warranty so i dont want that to happen on $500 shocks

I was thinking he is not the only guy that had problems with 400# springs,i cant think of the other guy,also if you check on page 3 of al allen's truck you will see the torsion bars all cut out.i will try to find out who the other guy is.just hate to see you buy or go through he work if its not going to work or waste money,like i said im doing it to so i would like this figured out to before i buy and fly.

I was thinking he is not the only guy that had problems with 400# springs,i cant think of the other guy,also if you check on page 3 of al allen's truck you will see the torsion bars all cut out.i will try to find out who the other guy is.just hate to see you buy or go through he work if its not going to work or waste money,like i said im doing it to so i would like this figured out to before i buy and fly.

thats true, but is he using the QA1 shocks? because those do look a little short from the promastars. I talked to BEE about it and said that they were fine with 350 and With a KA. I'll have to wait and see i guess.

holy guac! love the new plans. I've always said if i ever was to do a swap it would be a KA. Please take tons of pics. cant wait to see it.

no problem budd, I picked up the KA today, most of the work was done already. prety much just gotta drop and work the harness done "guy already did the wires for his 510" and tranny mount.

im really excited having the motor now :P

thats true, but is he using the QA1 shocks? because those do look a little short from the promastars. I talked to BEE about it and said that they were fine with 350 and With a KA. I'll have to wait and see i guess.

no problem budd, I picked up the KA today, most of the work was done already. prety much just gotta drop and work the harness done "guy already did the wires for his 510" and tranny mount.

im really excited having the motor now :P

Well thats good to know.Because of course i stayed L series and if 400# springs work great.What is the overall length you buying 7".And also check out Fox shocks through like Off road warehouse or ORW.com and check there prices plus i think there the same if not a little smaller diameter,ill see if i can get a part number and i will let you know,i know mike at Kar Tek in corona and i will get prices and part numbers and let you know if you are interested.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys just an up date!

Got the cab off and sat the motor in, its ALOT easier not having to worry about any body parts getting in the way and just having the bare frame.

The KA mounts fit nicely on the 620 motor mouts but not exactly *flush* the is a little angle difrence between the mounts and that engine brackets.

the transmission mount fit perfect but it was alreadt modified by the PO. It kinda does sit a little low though.

the only challenge i have is trying to fit the turbo intercooler cause it is prety massive!

since i am getting bucket seat i want to go with a hand E-brake, any sugestions on with car to snag one from?

cant think of anything else for now and this time i will make sure to come through with the pictures :)

Look for an 2001 or earlier Maxima.

Maximas used a spring loaded e-brake caliper like the Isuzu calipers.

Some VW's did.

Obviously Isuzu used this design also.

Some earlier rear disc Pathfinders might be the ticket.

Anything would work really.

Go to speedways website.

Might find something usable there.

• 3 weeks later...

driver side motor mount

P1000783.jpg

pulleys have enough clerance

P1000784.jpg

passenger side mounts. both have to be cut at an angel to have them sit flush

P1000785.jpg

P1000786.jpg

transmission mount was already modified when i got the truck. it also fit my L motor so maybe the stock one doesnt need to be modified eather?

P1000787.jpg

some one said i have a vg30 tranny witch is why the yolk didnt fit. can some one help me out on that one?

P1000794.jpg

P1000795.jpg

I saw some of the 510 guys putting a 3'' hole in there rear crossmember to run their exhaust so im going to do the same with the trasmission crossmember where the toirson bars use to be.

P1000805.jpg

P1000808.jpg

P1000809.jpg