Hating my dad right now

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking him to the Eagle Rock swap meet :rolleyes: . We need to find him a pair of hubcaps. Just so you guys know I do appreciate the old man in the resent year we have been getting along way better. I was a real dick in my late teens and early twenties. By no means am I perfect but we get along really well now. I hope this car brings us closer though. Hell hope he keeps it and gives it to my younger brother.

I hate those cars, my mom has one shes had it since new and has nothing but problems with it. I love how they look when done up, but the motor is shit, and shes done nothing but baby it, and take care of it. And corksport A mazda performance shop here has told her the same thing, their fun to own for a lil while, but dont have a long life expectancy.

That sucks dude. You're the first person I've seen hate on the Protege and Protege 5. I currently drive a '00 Protege LX and I've had not a single issue with it.

Well, why is that reason to be hating your dad you ask yourself??? Well he showed me a survivor 4 door 1971 Datsun 510 on the auction list and guess what he did?? He bought it as well. What a jerk, brings it home, we get it running and I look over at my 510 which is in pieces and I just hang my head in disgust.

Your father has worked to get where he is and has a right to enjoy the fruits of his labors. You will too one day, with luck. Maybe he is hoping to show you the way to finish your project. Maybe he want's to share your passion for 510s by having one too. Maybe he's hoping for some father/son time working on them. Maybe he want's to connect with you.

All you want is help conning him out of it???? Open yourself up to other possibilities. This could be so much more than just a car.

There all fixed up.

D-Mike, Skib, somebody PLEASE lock this down now~ before some perv posts a Utube gu(a)y strippin~!

I don't want to gouge my eyes out.

IBT naked gay strips.....

The day might end with some single moms shaking their money makers.

You really want to shut that chance down?!?

:P

• Like 1

lol my dad got me my datto, and truly i never though of them like i did now. my dad has been into dimes since they came out, and now he dislikes em lol. he doesnt like japanese cars that much anymore. he told me he had 10 of them i've seen 5. one wagon, one 4 door and the rest are two door i only have oics of the wagon though. :/ keep in mind i was like ages 6-7. he has two z's and a shitload of other jap cars, yet he always goes back to the trucks. when i first got my dime, i felt as if me and my dad were getting closer and finally bonding. this is partially why i love my car so much. My dad has taught me everything i know about my dime. and what i dont ask him, i ask on here or i refer to my now non existent haynes manual. i don't mean to thread jack or anything, (even though its already went downhill) but what the others say before me holds true. use this opportunity to get close to your dad if you're not already. and remember that nothing lasts forever so have your fun and never take anything for granted.

BTW we still have this truck. the goon is long gone. lol, as if you didn't notice with the main subject of the picture being the truck

oh and we had a blue 510, a green, white, and yellow one. they were all stock color 510's the green one was a parts car, the blue one i faintly remember but we got that running with a L16, and i remember when we opened the vent things for the fan, a bolt shot out at me.

5685772795_ee60284323_z.jpg

I dunno...I was taught if you want something you have to work for it. My parents help me buy my first car...$100 for a non running 76 rusted out chevy pickup. When I was 14, my dad and I worked on it, then sold it for $400. I put that and the money I saved to buy an '83 Mercury Cougar, and continued to fixed up and sell cars so that just after I had my license I could buy a newer car. Maybe if you didn't go all emo on your pops, you could have tried asking him if you could drive the car until he sold it or your car was back on the road.

Honestly though, when my kid gets all pussy on me and starts whining for stuff and gets a "I deserve this because I am your kid" attitude, that's when I would rather sell whatever the item is than just hand it over to someone who can't appreciate the time and money that went into it.

I am sure people won't agree with me, but I think everyone should have to WORK for privileges like motor vehicles(and no, asking nicely for the keys is not work)...and I don't think a parent is being unreasonable by politely saying, "no, I bought this car, no you can't have it, but you can go get some work done on the car you already have..."

From now on you will put in 2 or more hours a day working on your Datsun. (before going on th internet!) Period. Don't have money at the moment? Clean your tools, clean the car, organize your tools and spare parts, check the lighting and get it working. Clean the garage up and put shit away. De-grease the motor/trans/ rear end and paint them. Clean and paint the struts and suspension. 2 hours a day is two full working days worth of work a week on it. Loose the skirt, cancel the manicure, grow a mustache and harden the fuck up. Get 'r done.

• Like 2

YYah I hate them, just the motor hers is a early year before the fender signals were put in. She got it new and has had nothing than issues. I drove it a few times and it shakes. Then she got hit by a semi trailer peeled roof like a sardine can. Eben worse since then. I do love how they look, but is put a different engine in and suspension that lasts. Cork sport has had alot in with issues.

From now on you will put in 2 or more hours a day working on your Datsun. (before going on th internet!) Period. Don't have money at the moment? Clean your tools, clean the car, organize your tools and spare parts, check the lighting and get it working. Clean the garage up and put shit away. De-grease the motor/trans/ rear end and paint them. Clean and paint the struts and suspension. 2 hours a day is two full working days worth of work a week on it. Loose the skirt, cancel the manicure, grow a mustache and harden the fuck up. Get 'r done.

I think most of us could follow that... but being I am a lazy basterd that works two jobs :P

My dad had a dark brown rough bodied 1979 620 kc that ran like a top. He didn't care it was rough, he ran 1 ton springs and carried at least that much weight in tools with him everywhere he went until one day he had to push start it, got hella embarrased, and cut the battery cables when he got home, and loaded all his tools into his chinook camper, vowing to never drive it again until it was beautiful. the chinook developed its own problems, and he bought a new ford, so there it sat, mirror finish reddish brown, with everything that went to the truck loaded into the bed..... Waiting. I was 14 or so. a couple years later when I move in with him, he makes me a deal. "You get a job, save money, get a 3.0 or better gpa, put this truck together, buy insourance, pay for the title transfer, buy your licence test and pass, and this truck is yours unless you don't keep that 3.0 gpa." I cleaned and detailed every part before I installed it, did everything he said, except he decided to surprise me one morning and install the motor/tranny. I was a bit angry actually, never let him know that, wanted to be part of everything, but he meant well. To me, that was a great deal, and since I didn't get a working temp gauge, I got to rebuild and install my own l20b half a dozen years later, so I got the whole experience in pieces. What my point was before I got distracted by my own memories, was I agree, you work for something, maybe even build or at least re-assemble it, you appreciate it, and something neat that someone just hands you the keys to can't compare to the feeling of driving something you built, and worked for, blood, sweat, tears, and not telling that prick boss that underpays you to fuck off when he really deserves it.