Atom's 72 510

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i always show up uninvited !

Was good to meet you. Get that single slam goin!

find me a transmission.

thats really all i need. and i guess a new radiator and a water pump. oh and a different sized driveline.

haha.

anyone want to donate stuff?

I am a poor college student.

find me a transmission.

thats really all i need. and i guess a new radiator and a water pump. oh and a different sized driveline.

haha.

anyone want to donate stuff?

I am a poor college student.

i have an s14 auto trans with torque converter and flexplate.

RUNIT!!

oh and

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/1403897712.html

100 bucks tranny. do it

they are from a ford console the pop out of it. They are in a few smaller low end fords. Just something I grabbed a while ago and had. They are mounted to a plate that sits off the tranny well. they go along side the tranny well next to the seat. givse me a little shelf thing too.

I got some goodies at the pick apart today.

240 peddle. [ I got this so i can use the stock KA throttle cable when I do the swap.]

DSC06592.jpg

240 KA throttle cable

DSC06593.jpg

Longer speed-o cable

DSC06594.jpg

they had a few more items i wanted but I couldn't fit anything else in my pockets. :D

then I went and installed the peddle. It was almost a bolt in fit.

The top bolt fit perfect.

DSC06595.jpg

There was no spot for a second one so I drilled and put a sheet metal screw. It is kinda think metal so it took a bit of working to get the screw to go in. But its snug.

DSC06596.jpg

I also had to move my throttle cable hold down about a half inch. I just drilled a new hole for that.

I mounted my ecu today. and ran the harness into the engine bay. Right now I still have the L series motor in the car so the KA harness is rolled up and stuffed to one side.

DSC06598.jpg

DSC06599.jpg

DSC06601.jpg

DSC06607.jpg

I dont know if you can tell but i ran the harness up over the ecu in back of the glove box so it hides all the wires. I am going to mount my relay box under the hood and finish the wiring tomorrow.

What tranny is on your L series? If it's a zx or any of the "long" L series trannys you should just run a Nap z trans or do a bell swap that way you can keep the DL you have and tranny mount. This is all based on which tranny the L series has no reason to do it other wise.

What tranny is on your L series? If it's a zx or any of the "long" L series trannys you should just run a Nap z trans or do a bell swap that way you can keep the DL you have and tranny mount. This is all based on which tranny the L series has no reason to do it other wise.

I would but of the three transmissions I own they are all dogleg 5 speeds. and they all have a short fifth gear. I want something that will be a little better then that.

I want to keep the L20 since it only has 2000 miles on it. I kinda want to find another truck for cheap [or free] to drop it into so I can have a parts truck in sacramento.

Although I wish I had a project 510 and maybe a garage so I could make everything super nice not find all the parts and then throw it in. haha. but maybe someday I will be at that stage.

cleaned up the intake a little bit.

DSC06608.jpg

I also got really frustrated looking at those pictures of my ecu and hated the wires hanging everywhere. So i re-wired my entire stereo front to back and put it under the carpet and also hid the other wires that were just existing below the dash.

this is what it used to look like

DSC06599.jpgDSC06601.jpg

This is what I just did.

DSC06611.jpgDSC06612.jpgDSC06615.jpg