Downtube coming down, nice and snug.

IMAG1292.jpg

IMAG1298.jpg

IMAG1291.jpg

A peek at my fuel lines also.

IMAG1287.jpg

IMAG1288.jpg

IMAG1289.jpg

Got a bunch done today....removed and replaced front suspension arms, control rods with stock units....bringing wheel back away from fender. Also hooked up another relay for At computer and ran a new power wire to the radio...quiet exhaust and Tunes!

IMAG1313.jpg

All fixed

IMAG1310.jpg

Before down below.

IMAG1203.jpg

Bushings wasted on lower arm.

IMAG1304.jpg

Shorter control rods....threaded end is not 510....bigger threads.

IMAG1305.jpg

Yeah rain....Fuck it!

IMAG1307.jpg

Valance...

IMAG1314.jpg

AirDam and markers....

IMAG1315.jpg

Bumper time!

IMAG1346.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Thanks Kevin!

I have some things to do still....my wiring needs to be mounted better and I would like to get a Can/am box to clean things up. But all in all pretty happy....It will spin off the line easy since its wet out.:P.....slid it a tad in the school parking lot after the suspension fix.....its ready to play..:D Need to re-adjust steering wheel after changing suspension and maybe toe-in.

Also I was going to put my bump stop spacers on, but decided to try it without it, it was fine before...Phil said my X-member was as 68-69? and put the LCA studs a bit lower to help this issue....if it is still bad I will put them in.

Phil said my X-member was as 68-69? and put the LCA studs a bit lower to help this issue....if it is still bad I will put them in.

on the 68/69 crossmembers, teh studs are actually higher in the crossmember

thats why I run one in my car

Moar power for sure...the transmission I have seems to shift real nice.....I still need to find a switch for the O/D. I didn't have it hooked up on the drive to Vancouver. Planning on a trip to Eugene soon, so I will get a good millage check and get to open it up for a stretch.

Yeah doing a few little test launches I cant wait to drive it some more... Its the wife's daily.:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B30FFMLDHBk

She loves it...start and go!

One of my fans is kinda loud...lol

The Ford was built up...bigger valves...bored over...Offy intake...4brl Holley. cam, headers. Didn't make a lot of low end torque like the KA and the C-4 was a torque sponge. It may have been better if it was a stick or had a different torque converter. It was more of a "Hot Rod" idea with not much gain. I could never get the Ford to power brake, well a few times....it would just load up...Top end was ok but loud as shit and only a 3spd.

Need to get a tach to get some cruising numbers with the O/D

The other night it seemed pretty good at 80, no O/D on. And just an FYI on the trans, it will run without the computer powered on, but not as responsive. It wants input from the motor!

I hooked up another Nissan Blue relay to power up the AT computer, triggered by the same power wire as the motor relays.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm doing this exact swap right now in my wife's goon haha you have made my life so much easier! 

couple questions… did you keep the O2 in the EGR hole on the manifold?

and what did you do for return line? my tank doesn't have a return nipple so I'm thinking bout a surge tank...

Thanks! 

I'm doing this exact swap right now in my wife's goon haha you have made my life so much easier! 

couple questions… did you keep the O2 in the EGR hole on the manifold?

and what did you do for return line? my tank doesn't have a return nipple so I'm thinking bout a surge tank...

Thanks! 

Yes.....O2 in the EGR hole......Did a block off plate on intake mani.

I did a return line....tank had a return tube. No problems with fuel shortage's

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let you know i really appreciate that you posted your build! Its pretty funny my wife wanted the exact same thing as yours... well i guess not haha .. but either way I'm glad i found this. it helped me so much! ill post some stuff soon from the build but just wanted to say thanks! 

• Like 1