The KA24e Journey.....W/Road trip

H5WAGON

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMAG0957.jpg

These lights have never turned on in this car.....not hooked up to the old Ford motor.

IMAG0998.jpg

Black wire to starter +....Red wire to fuse bock

IMAG0994.jpg

So I switched up my intake a bit......I have read stuff about short, maybe not working to good. But have seen cars running it. If I have issues I will get a tube to run across the front.

IMAG0951.jpg

Coming together....I got to crank it over with the key today!:D

IMAG0978.jpg

Just waiting for the day.....:console:

IMAG0975.jpg

Ok.....Got her to fire up. Redbanner stopped buy, we ran up to autozone for plugs=Fail.....then ran into MK(black620 w/blue stripes). Anyway go across the street to the O'reillys...NGK's got'em;) Back to the soaked work area. I unblocked the air tube..opps (still need to put fitting on my intake tube.) Put new plugs in Bam! fired right up.

I'm just using the Blue Nissan relays, to broke to get the Can/Am box, but hooked it up with the diagram in the How-to-section....Thanks to Icehouse and others, made it easy!

IMAG1034.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaFNUzH6Zps

Yeah its dark, but its all about the sound....Now to go eat something.

Some other crap along the way....

IMAG1042.jpg

Down tube was from a KA24de, not sure if the KA24e down tube has the O2 bung on the lower down-tube. Had to trim it down and capped to clear steering box.;)

IMAG1044.jpg

O2 Sensor in old EGR port.....seems to work so far, any issues running it here?....I'm still thinking about a header.

IMAG1046.jpg

EGR plate.

IMAG1040.jpg

IMAG1041.jpg

Will try to drive it tomorrow...Have to hook up power wires to trans computer......Just so glad its running..:cool:

Exhaust next week!

Ok so last night with the wind, I almost had some damage happen!:o To close for comfort, its still on the ground. I don't even play basketball!

IMAG1068-1.jpg

IMAG1070-1.jpg

Got the Air Tube hooked up along with radiator hoses....added fluid to the transmission. Will test drive tomorrow.

IMAG1071.jpg

1/2" pipe thread fitting threaded itself into the soft aluminum.

IMAG1072.jpg

Using stock Air Tube hose from the 240.

IMAG1073.jpg

Rev's up and comes down to a nice idle, now that its hooked up.B)

lookin good.....you should like the single slammer

as for the header, the one that came with my car didn't fit worth shit. I hacked the hell out of mine to keep it away from the floor,frame rail and everything else

• Like 1

as for the header, the one that came with my car didn't fit worth shit. I hacked the hell out of mine to keep it away from the floor,frame rail and everything else

My hacked up header still lightly taps the steering box

It looks like the radiator is plumbed too! :cool:

I fergot to ask what you did/doing for a sway bar?

No sway bar up front yet, as kevin and others know doing this swap puts the oil pan right in the way of the 510 sway bar....what are people using?

Got some body pieces on today.....moved it back and forth in the driveway....trans works without computer turned on, at least for moving...I have not drove on the street yet.

Will be hooking up computer tomorrow and taking for a test drive.......also adjust toe a bit (tighten jam nuts) after changing back to the stock LCA studs.

IMAG1079-1.jpg

I want to get the proper radiator, but its working for now...I think it has the right outlets for a SR20?

IMAG1085-1.jpg

IMAG1082-1.jpg

My $50 dollar hood...need to put my good trim piece on it...:cool:

IMAG1095.jpg

That hose will push up a bit, but I also I have a air dam going on also....which will also house my trans cooler. There is also a temp sender next to the metal tube...can be used to drain the system.

IMAG1098.jpg

Yeah I think I will be happy with the single......besides open header,,...still need to plug hole on down tube....sounds like a Jake Brake when revving and going back to idle.

Will also be picking out a muffler....plan on a 2 1/2 exhaust to the back with (?) muffler in spare tire area.

My hacked up header still lightly taps the steering box

Makes me feel better about mine then....pretty close to the floor also.....going to see if exhaust place can work the down tube a bit....I have not put the new gaskets in it yet, not until I get it to the shop.

EDIT: A little test today!

IMAG1110.jpg

Pulled the 510 harness out to do a final wrap.

IMAG1116.jpg

Grey plugs on the left are, Alt, trigger to starter solenoid, Interlock to trans...Also the + wire from Alt. .phone was freakin out, so no pic, but It got wrapped real nice.

IMAG1129.jpg

Installing last night...Outside under cover.....Also a little more work on the down tube.

IMAG1111.jpg

IMAG1112.jpg

Used a wire brush on a drill to clean as good as possible....primed and paint with 2000 deg+ paint.....exhaust mani will get the same treatment at a later time. Need to do exhaust ASAP so the lady can drive!

IMAG1126.jpg

I still need to wrap the engine harness...deleted a few plugs....need to remove from car one last time...:)

IMAG1142.jpg

I'm not running sway bars on my car cause I don't need them. Since I'm running the S12/S13 strut/coilover set up front and rear, my car doesn't lean or anything

I like my KA-E but......I think my buddy is going to buy it for his roadster and I'm either going KA-DE or SR

Yeah, right before the old motor blew I was planning on doing coil overs and addressing some suspension issues from the PO/builder of this car. This car has cut down stock struts with stock springs.....and they had limit straps holding it down compressed, almost no front travel...:o Taking straps off raised it a inch or so. So a total redo of the front suspension is in order.

Yeah as far as motors, now that I have done the wiring. Things are not as scary......and I used the relays.

EDIT: A little video of it running today.....now to find the wiper linkage.

Little last minute Ratsun fix before I let the wife drive it. I was missing the clip on the MAF plug....no problem.

IMAG1189.jpg

IMAG1211.jpg

Hose clamp action on the intake and the flange on the MAF. Couplers to Aluminum elbow fit so tight on both sides I didn't put clamps on them...its not going anywhere.

IMAG1200.jpg

First coupler is 2.75" - 3"(To intake) Second is 2.5" - 3"(To MAF).......w/3" Alum. 90deg elbow...it's a SPECTRE got it at the ZONE only $20..next day order

Couplers I got off ebay...form the same seller ORGIN...one glossy, one dull? A bit more than the elbow...:huh:

Next on my list dealing with suspension.....control rods have been shortened..pulling wheel forward to help Castor/Camber after lowering. This was a primative approach...early 90's when this was done I think. Causes wheel to hit fender and the AirDam I had on this....I have rods and arms from my parts car, just need to clean them up...paint etc....then install with bumpsteer spacer I have. Camber plates and coil overs & Z struts coming...soon I hope.

IMAG1202.jpg

IMAG1203.jpg

Its a good inch or two forward.....it drives fine. It also had some control arm spindles that allowed camber adjustment. One had a cracked weld kinda scary, gave the car some steering wobble where suspension arm bolted on. I will have to find those pics and add to this. The control rods were cut and welded.

IMAG1208.jpg

Ok so I went down to the exhaust shop to get exhaust done, get the car up in the air...looking around. Downtube was hitting on the floorpan.

So he tells me to bring downtube back to him to add some length to it.(Tue. before Turkey day)

I take it off and take it back down on Friday morning, they cut and weld and add about a inch to the length. I go home to put it back on, after cutting off the mounting bracket for the E-brakecable it fits real nice. I did notice a pinhole on the downtube when fitting it, where they extended it. I had to run it back down to have it filled. Back home once more and back on it goes. Head on back down Bwaaa, bwaaa loud as shit.

IMAG1262.jpg

I did 2.25 pipe back to a Turbo muffler (That I had) in the spare tire area, at idle it's quiet as shit....rev it up, it sounds nice.:)

IMAG1267-1.jpg

Took a walk and got a beverage.:D Because he gave me a 2hour window, came back a bit early and it was done & lowered down....I will have to get some detail shots of the exhaust before it gets all dirty..:D

• Like 2

Did really good pushed it up to 80 for a bit.:cool: She is quiet, but growls a bit when you step on it......Kick down and shifting are all good.:thumbup:

Wife drove it today, so pics of the exhaust later....and a video of course.

• Like 2