The KA24e Journey.....W/Road trip

H5WAGON

looks sick dude! stoked on the radiator overflow, reminds me of one using 2 Asahi bottles I saw awhile back.

really sorry I couldn't make it to Columbia today, had a doctors appointment and a ton of other stuff to do...

my phone died or I would have called you.

I'll pick up the head later this week.

let me know if you need a second helper on anything, I'll see if I can swing by, though you seem to have more than enough help in those pics.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HaHa....2 steps forward one step back. So looking closer at the valve train....when putting on the Blue valve cover I noticed the chain guide was broke, so great I get to take off the cover.

This is what I found.....:unsure:

IMAG0653.jpg

Rub...Rub...Rub....little hole. I wondered why there was a bit of moisture under the valve cover.....a little water & oil mix. No water in the oil when I drained the pan, but there was oil in the port going to the pump.

IMAG0650.jpg

I will be going to the pickNpull for a cover......$17 bucks....And then new T-chain and guides.

IMAG0652.jpg

I did get my LCA studs back in the cross member,,,,and got my bracket for the shifter done yesterday.

IMAG0638.jpg

This will slide in the hole a bit farther...this is another trans used to mock it up.

IMAG0637.jpg

What's it cost to get a driveline shortened? Curious.

Well the base price to have one shortened in $97, when taking the Ford yoke off the drive shaft to put on the 240 one, I ended up paying a bit more. The PTI-240 yoke I had was a bit smaller diameter than the Ford C-4. So they had to use a bushing in the shaft to flare it out $94..., 2 new U-joints....$44.....$235.69 was the total.

This was not a stock 510 drive shaft (bigger diameter) I think. So it might be a bit cheaper if they don't have to add a bushing/shim.

Also my rear U-joint is not stock 510

EDIT: I have a 200sx rear end in this car....it was a custom drive shaft to start with.

IMAG0659-1.jpg

The little one is the 240 U-joint....the others out of the C-4 yoke and the old rear.(Same size)

Also pictured is the old C-4 parts...

So a new 240 one up front w/PTI Yoke and a Big one in back.

IMAG0586.jpg

Well this was a forced swap.:huh:....So far so good, but really glad to have Nissan back inside!

Moar power, better fuel millage than the FORD....O/D Trans...getting so close but still a few things to do...order a few gaskets..install fuel lines...purchase intake stuff.

IMAG0664.jpg

I have been mapping out my electronics, where everything will be under the dash....making my final decision where to cut firewall for wiring harness.

IMAG0621.jpg

Once I wrap the wires for the AT computer, there will be a hole for that harness to go out.

IMAG0619.jpgWill be mounted on the firewall.

IMAG0611.jpg

This power block will use holes already there...;) The 4th contact over will be grounded.

IMAG0613.jpg

The true color of this car.....MMMMMustard.

Shifter cable done.

IMAG0689.jpg

Made a video...just for fun.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH7iIDDq1so

Test fit & trimmed the down pipe a bit, the flange for the CAT hit the bottom of the car....I still may get a header.....I have to shake the money tree.

IMAG0695-1.jpgGot a lot of other stuff done...Had to remove oil pan & pick-up tube to fish out chunks of the T-chain guide....:blink: Cleaned it all up...putting back together today...ordering K&N today and other intake stuff.

IMAG0723.jpg

Cover on!

IMAG0737.jpg

IMAG0739.jpg

A little hint of color thats coming to the car.

IMAG0736.jpg

IMAG0738.jpg

IMAG0725.jpg

Had to grind down the bolt that holds computer Big Blue plug on......so conduit would slide over.

IMAG0727.jpg

Wiring harness fun!!!....took out the Y....redirected towards all the other connections.

IMAG0729.jpg

I bought 2 different conduit connectors....the smaller 1-1/2 is going to work, all those plugs will pass through...very tight!.....More on my harness seal later.:rolleyes:

IMAG0733.jpg

• Like 1

Got things mounted for AT computer plugs....Plugs still need to "Snap" onto mounting bracket....Found my grommet yesterday.

IMAG0759.jpg

Inhibitor switch plug in the stock 240 location on the manifold support bracket.....not trying to hide all the wiring....just trying to make it look like it belongs there.:cool:

Picking up Fuel line today...more fun awaits.

That small one just barley fits, the 2" was like whats this thing doing in here!

You wont see it much when all installed...using a piece of bike tube stretched over the end of it.....zip tied around wiring harness to keep it sealed up. Should work out good.

:P Brain storming at Home Depot...lol

My heater pipe....:D

IMAG0775.jpg

Used the stock 240sx hose for the other one, cut down a inch off each end.

IMAG0773.jpg

My Hose job action I have going on.....Stock 240sx upper hose cut to fit

IMAG0784.jpg

Stock lower hose x2

IMAG0783.jpg

:o I'm doing this with parts I had laying around.....like it says in my title...On a budget.:fu:

IMAG0778.jpg

This car has a Air Dam that will cover all this crap....also can hook a support to that center tube to the Air dam so its not flopping around.

Looking for some aluminum pipe....may trim some hoses a bit to fit better

Finished AT computer harness

IMAG0853.jpg

AT computer mounted inside....

IMAG0855.jpg

Tight fit.

IMAG0857.jpg

IMAG0858.jpg

IMAG0859.jpg

Putting the bike tube over all that was a BITCH! So no pics of during......:frantics:

IMAG0891.jpg

IMAG0887.jpg

Some goodies I got......They sent a plastic MAF adapter...I was like WTF....sent a email....Aluminum one is on its way..:cool:

IMAG0813.jpg

A little trimming on the tube, trottle body end....and maybe a 45 at the end, before the MAF.

IMAG0820.jpg

Also add a nipple on Aluminum tube for air tube.

So close.....Got the wheels back on...steering box, suspension.....Fuel return line. Still a bunch to do, but its close, making a new "Short" list tomorrow.

IMAG0864.jpg

And then......doing some boring stuff now...:mellow: Meshing the wiring for the 240 Alt wiring with the stock 510 harness. One thing I get to do bring the battery cable back to the passenger side of the car. The Ford starter was on the drivers side, with the Ford solenoid setup, so I need to get a cable to go to the passenger side.

IMAG0941.jpg It will only be used as a junction/jump block.

I will probably run a standard battery cable from the solenoid to Nissan starter.......Jumper cable works for testing.:D

Ground.....re-grounded.....Test's 12volts all over...the car ;) This was hooked to the Ford starter.

IMAG0942.jpg

Adding oil today and hope to be cranking over (No Spark)....stock harness was fitted to check if lights and stuff still work. I stripped a bunch of stuff out from the Ford conversion.:o