winter warrior "elenor"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

alright guys im finding myself needing to take a trip back down to california to attend a funeral this is around a 800 mile round trip ive noticed that around here the speed limit is 55 mph that is about 3500 rpm the speed limit in cali is 65 which ive tested and found that to be about 4200 the question is would this thing be able to handle it for roughly 600 miles? seems like its alot of revs for a long time

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

well i was driving home from bend on sunday and as i pulled into the driveway at 9 oclock at night it died and wouldnt crank over due to a dead battery well today i finally got around to looking at it and found my problem

AB198C6A-orig_zpsd070a48f.jpg

after looking it over i looks like it was the original belt or close to it new belt and problem solved 

well while i was compression testing the truck i compression tested this around 100psi on all 4 cylinders fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck good news is this is the cheapest of the three to rebuild and i have a spare engine to build while i keep driving it now 

all 3 of my vehicles need engine work currently :( washed out the rings in the 610 the chevy has a head hole and the subi has low compression not having alot of luck with my vehicles right now though granted the truck isnt much of a concern right now 

well since the engine thats in the car is low on compression i pulled the complete engine that i got with the car out of the shed and took a look at it to see if its worth re ringing it so i can just swap motors instead of having the car down for a week 

421B7727-orig_zpsba28fdd2.jpg

parts

8CEFA736-orig_zpsdc96fc71.jpg

2 of the bores had some rust in them after cleaning this one turned out nice 

D3933BB0-orig_zps06ffaea4.jpg

this one not so much

620D66A2-orig_zpsbad97976.jpg

and with the oil pan off

D2DF7353-orig_zps5dcaa9c7.jpg

so were gonna try honing it and if that bore doesnt clean up then ill pull and re ring the engine in the car

• Like 1

This might be a silly question but, when you did your compression test, did you have the throttle plates open or closed?  It makes a big difference in the numbers on some engines.  My motorcycle is so tight that the numbers almost double by opening the carbs vs leaving them closed.

well spent a half hour lazily pulling things apart im waiting for my dad to get home so i can borrow his picker and yank it so i figured i would pull some shit off that im gonna have to pull off anyway 

IMAG0791_zps854cd5d1.jpg

IMAG0792_zps9f3da12f.jpg

tomorrow im gonna drain the oil out of it and unbolt the rest so that its ready to pull when he gets home friday

well i leaned something new about my engine the water pump is completly contained the cast pipe up top is what connects it to the cooling passages instead of having everything inside the block half casting 

B8CBF5B8-orig_zpsf2766081.jpg

found my exhaust leak 

FDC74550-orig_zps8ae391d8.jpg

all thats left now is oil pump exhaust bell housing and motor mounts

some may say that im going slow with this but i cant do anything else till friday when i can get the cherry picker so im taking my sweet ass time to kill bordum