empty

DSCN0641.jpg

up.......

DSCN0642.jpg

......and in

DSCN0643.jpg

running

DSCN0644.jpg

video of the quiet valves the timing and the dwell as well as the carb settings are way off its getting tuned tomorrow

threw the air filter on it to see how its gonna look

DSCN0647.jpg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fast? shit we fought for an hour to get the motor and trans to mate but not bad for an afternoons worth of work it will sound even better once its tuned right and actually stays running . im also diggin the blue it gives me ideas

it does just not on this car anyway i dialed in the dwell where it should be and was gonna set the timing but the dame thing wont run reliably im thinking it needs a carb rebuild eather that or it has a huge vacume leak that i cant find

You're gonna love snow in Oregon. It's like a magic mind eraser that makes everyone forget how to drive. Better fab up some rock sliders and a cage before the flakes fly. Maybe just a really round exo-cage so you can just roll it back over when some clueless yuppy bitch in a Mercedes SUV shoves you upside-down in the ditch because she's late for cocktails in Sunriver. Car's lookin good -- just keep an eye out for the rest of us :P .

Bonvo - is this your first winter in the high desert?

You're gonna love it. I mean the cinder on the roads turns into a ginormous mess towards the end of the season,

but if you're already used to the pumice during the summer then this will be a nice (and welcome) change.

Next time I'm up that direction I'll certainly hit you up though. Maybe I'll grab Brandon (Siqx20) and make it a mini road trip?

yup first winter here i think i ready for it now i need to track down the vibration its driving me nits i know the right front drive axle isnt happy but the inner tie rod on that side is pissed off to damn les shuab they put new tires on a bent rim they should have noticed when they had to put 7 oz of weight on it to balance then i made a 50 mile round trip at speed im wondering if i can get them to recoop me for the tie rod since it was there fuck up i would have caught that with it on the balencer shit i caught it in my garage with a jack

anyway boaty hell yeah the more datto people the better and if its soon there wont be snow and i can drive the datsun i know some will say i can run studs and be fine but i have put to much time and energy as well as money into the datto to want anything to happen to it with thee subi yeah i care if something happens to it but no where near as much as the datto id something happend to the datto i think i would cry lol

yup first winter here i think i ready for it now i need to track down the vibration its driving me nits i know the right front drive axle isnt happy but the inner tie rod on that side is pissed off to damn les shuab they put new tires on a bent rim they should have noticed when they had to put 7 oz of weight on it to balance then i made a 50 mile round trip at speed im wondering if i can get them to recoop me for the tie rod since it was there fuck up i would have caught that with it on the balencer shit i caught it in my garage with a jack

anyway boaty hell yeah the more datto people the better and if its soon there wont be snow and i can drive the datsun i know some will say i can run studs and be fine but i have put to much time and energy as well as money into the datto to want anything to happen to it with thee subi yeah i care if something happens to it but no where near as much as the datto id something happend to the datto i think i would cry lol

i have a question.... how would wheel weights have any afect on a tie rod?

Well if a tie rod is already pretty much torn up, all that shimmy could potentially make it worse.

New tie rods are pretty cheap though, the Les Schwab battle isn't worth it IMO.

And about them not checking for bent wheels... and putting extremely large amounts of balance weight on wheels? Tell me about it.

I know most of the guys down at Schwab's here in Grants Pass, so I'm exempt from the "Employee's Only" rule in the work bays.

So I'm chillen, watching this noob kid dismount my tires and put the new ones on, and start balancing, right?

It's way off, so he puts like 8 or 9oz of tape weights in my wheel. I walk over and I'm like.. dude? Why are you putting that much weight on it?!

"It's wayyyy out of balance man, needs a lot of weight!"

*shakes head*

So I grab one of the other guys and tell them to get this kid off my shit and do it right.

Pop the bead, rotate the tire 90-120 degrees, pressurize... put it back on the balancing machine.. voila, needed 1oz.

People there are too lazy to do it right, they are more interested in pumping out the clientele and bringing in the dough (and they REALLY like their work, apparently).

But yeah sometimes you just have to hound them. I had a flat up in Salem one time, so I stopped in at Schwab there to get it fixed. I didn't make it a mile down the road before the weight popped off.

Turns out he did a dynamic balance instead of a static balance as I had requested. Like hell you're putting weights on the outside of my wheels after spending 10+ hours EACH buffing them out!

no ,what he was saying was they needed to add more weights to the wheel becuase of the tie rod? or was he just saying they were too lazy to spin tire. and didnt check suspension?

no they added the large amount of weight to try and compensate for the bent rim a bent rim will show as a really offbalance tire on the machine if there not watching it spin

joel i might have to go out there where is this place

South of you man, south.

Crescent/Gilchrist. While you're down there, drive to Crater Lake Junction (97/138) and grab yourself some breakfast man, I'm not shitting you. It's worth it.