winter warrior "elenor"

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

today i rebuilt the front calapers to get rid of my leak and ill say this having the hand brake work the front calapers makes taking them apart and puting them together a bitch

76ACC735-orig.jpg

painted and reinstalled

C999F34A-orig.jpg

1B507082-orig.jpg

• 4 months later...

We made a quick run out to the JY here this evening and spotted a '77 Subi out there. I'm not sure if you need anything in particular for yours, but the interior is pretty damn clean (seats in particular look damn near new). I just figured I'd throw it out there and see if you had any specifics you're on the lookout for and I can take a look.

Here are two shitty pics that I was able to take. I pulled the passenger seat cover off the bottom portion of the seat and it was perfectly immaculate. We were in a pinch for time, but I can pull them off more tomorrow or this weekend if you may be interested for some better photos.

IMG00341-20120815-1826.jpg

IMG00340-20120815-1825.jpg

Edited by DatWifey
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So, the carb looks like it's been beat up a bit, so I'm unsure if it would be of much use to you. I didn't grab a pic of the passenger fender, but it has some serious cancer with some holes already chewed through.

But, the valance looks super straight. I could pull it for you, but then we'd have the joys of figuring out logistics to get it to you. We don't really head to the La Pine area too often (if only we still drove that route to CA to see my in-laws ;) ) We could hang onto it for a bit though, if you really want it, and can maybe figure something out down the road.

Here are some pics:

Image09022012160443-1.jpg

Image09022012160427.jpg

Image09022012155739.jpg

This has nothing to do with the parts that you want, but just for shits and giggles; the husband thought it's for the heater core, but none the less, it was funny and random to see

Image09022012155840.jpg

I ran across a '77(?) Brat in the N. Portland PickNPull yesterday. Carb looked even worse than that but was still there. Judging by the moss on the body I'd say it's been sitting for 10-15 years. Sorry, no camera. It's a little closer than the other one though if you get to the PDX area any time soon.

• 4 weeks later...

figured out the issue with it the carb needs a rebuild again its my own fault i didnt clean out the tank but this time i have 2 filters one before the pump and one that i can take apart and clean after the filter and once its low on fuel ill drain and clean the tank new carb kit on the way i got the one that cost 10 bucks more but comes with a new power valve and accel pump boot

i just want to say thank you to the hitachi company for creating the most over complicated 2 bbl carberator in freaking existance

hi idle cams in the choke housing ran by linkage?

AAD73E08-orig.jpg

carb semi exploded

13122573-orig.jpg

90% assembled

A12E9B55-orig.jpg

the choke has 2 vacuum diaphrams that control it as well as the the bimetal spring AND the high idle cams so many extra parts to control the simple basics as soon as i have a little more cash im rejetting the weber i have on the datto and putting it on this such a simpler design

well its plugged the carb up again while fine tuning it yesterday so today i decided enough was enough so i pulled the tank just to be sure

00B23500-orig.jpg

i think i found my problem.....

0FEB1787-orig.jpg

so now its time to clean the tank

tristin i might just be interested in that seat if the price is right

there will be more videos.....eventually

today went out to look at the tank all the gas had evaporated and dumped this out of it

5346B234-orig.jpg

went down the car wash and used there pressure washer nozzel to get everything out going back in tomorrow along with the cleaned carb

i also found some spring spacers in the garage and put them in the front struts didnt lift it much i got maybe an inch inch and a half out of it