winter warrior "elenor"

got the subaru all back together it seems to run better and the motor is a lot tighter then before but according to the compression tester the results havnt changed beginning to suspect dads prehistoric compression tester but its still hard not to feel defeated after going threw all that and seeing those numbers

6DBD5A0E-orig_zps4340bd50.jpg

0163E3F9-orig_zpse0ea9f5a.jpg

6BF60BF6-orig_zps6e480937.jpg

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7:04  the  Bonvo happy dance...i rewound that a few times for my wife this morning. :lol:

If you put new rings in maybe it is time to get a better tester..   i did watch the whole video this morning,, didn`t even skip around , kinda rare for short attention span me... So what did the not putting the part on in  ( towards the end ) make you do ??

I also wanted to comment on some of the music being nerdy but can`t remember where the songs were in the video.. 

Oh and thanks for making and posting that video.. B)

havnt done a wet test yet it was 5 oclock we were tired lol

thanks im glad someone watched it it was long but the best way to document it thinking about doing the same with the datsun build as for the music i used some of my favorite songs by some of my favorite bands 

songs in order

borknager- colossus 
cradle of filth -forgive me father
dimmu borgir- kings of the carnival creation
hammerfall- way of the warrior
lordi- hard rock hallelujah 
kamelot-march of mephisto

break in comes tomorrow need to figure out a few kinks first 

video of startup

So what did the not putting the part on in  ( towards the end ) make you do ??

not to much we had to remove the bell housing and the oil pan we forgot the cam locking plate bolts 

went out and messed with the oil pump a little as i was having low oil pressure at idle and put the last parts on it then took it out to seat the rings. im seriously doubting my dads compression tester at this point it runs way to good and way to smooth and pulls to good to still have 100 psi of compression 

IMAG0862_zpse8edbae9.jpg

IMAG0863_zps3b90073c.jpg

IMAG0864_zps083795ba.jpg

still having oil pressure issues at idle once its hot not sure what the deal is any ideas?

well ever since i had the car the door has caught on the fender i started with this

22496E66-orig_zpsfe0b363f.jpg

now im no body guy but its alot better then it was before

E1BAE319-orig_zps97b64ff4.jpg

A159F4F5-orig_zps92770991.jpg

B8B8CE36-orig_zpse16d51a1.jpg

4545624E-orig_zpsc1e56207.jpg

over all it looks alot better and the whole car isnt perfect so i wasnt to worried about making it a perfect fender again especially with the rust it has but underneath it looked good no real rust to be seen even around the hood hinges which always rot out of these things

875EE3B8-orig_zpsc393bb08.jpg

43790EC3-orig_zps451980c8.jpg

well today i took out my lower motor to see why i havnt had flow threw the heater box in the 1.5 years ive owned this thing  well today i found this 

7D127B02-orig_zps0e9ca7ee.jpg

and this 

2E636994-orig_zps8e518400.jpg

so i got out the gloves and a shop vac and got this as a result 

ECD763FC-orig_zps24fcf25d.jpg

and then apoxied the hamster wheel back together 

64685283-orig_zpsa2eed4ed.jpg

and we decided that the old drunk guy i bought this thing from is a very sneaky man the car had wiring for a breatholizer when i got it and i found this wedged in the heater controls looks like he was using one of thoses spare tire air compressors to get past the breatholizer 

DFC8A3C0-orig_zps7659a945.jpg

• Like 1