how often do you wash your car?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on my mood. If the weather is good and I can wash it in my driveway, once every couple of weeks, otherwise my car is lucky to get washed every other month. Speaking of, my daily could really use a wash, maybe tomorrow.

• Like 1

depends on the car. i have one i havent even washed since '97. havent DRIVEN it since then but thats neither here nor there. my passat i havent washed in a couple months but my datto i have NEVER washed. i've only had it a week or so. my ram hasn't been washed since last summer and my power wagon since before i moved 3 yrs ago. oh well i guess one of these years i will jsut have to take a day and wash ALL my runners.

I figure I gotta get her running before I bother washing her! Heh, last time I took a sponge to it the sponge turned the color of the truck! Now that is a quality paint job!

Wash my truck (daily driver) every week.

On a lazy week, I just wash the chrome exhaust tail pipe and wheels then apply tire dressing. To get maximum bling out of it. :D

Car in the garage get's washed when a good layer of dust has settled.

Wash then park back in the garage again.

A clean car is a happy car. When was still living with my parents I would wash my primered car every week cause we lived on a gravel road. Even though the car looked like crap, it looked even worse when it was dirty. For all you guys with project cars that have never been washed, get out there and give them a good bath. It will make them look so much nicer and will help motivate you to do some actual work on them. Plus it helps to reveal the really bad spots and the places that are not so bad.

A clean car is a happy car. When was still living with my parents I would wash my primered car every week cause we lived on a gravel road. Even though the car looked like crap, it looked even worse when it was dirty. For all you guys with project cars that have never been washed, get out there and give them a good bath. It will make them look so much nicer and will help motivate you to do some actual work on them. Plus it helps to reveal the really bad spots and the places that are not so bad.

thats true

I hit my truck with a scrub brush every so often to clean off the moss... unfortunately it usually knocks large sections of rustwork off the remaining 10% of the rockers.

Actually I have to scrub off everything fairly often due to the tree in my hedge that drops tiny little leaves and red berries all year, which clogs everything up. I try to keep the 520 clean, since it has that recess in the hood that traps water (and scum).

I washed my car once...

My truck gets a good hose down probably 3-4 times a year, but with the rustoleum paint and chalkboard hood, it really doesn't do much good. What's really nice is getting all the crap out of the bed and sweeping/hosing it out. Driving with an empty bed is SOOO NICE!! It kinda makes you feel naked though

Man. I guess I'm a freak. i can't stand a dirty datto. I don't wash the Z car much just wipe it down if I see any speck on dirt. The wagon if i drive it I wash it. With AJAX works really good on primer.:D