hows it goin,new to the site

phatboycrxhf

hey guys new to the site and datsuns,honda guy for while and still am,but fell in love with my new 73 datsun here are some pics of the truck and previous projects

FHGGFHFG008Small.jpg

FHGGFHFG010Small.jpg

FHGGFHFG006Small.jpg

FHGGFHFG007Small.jpg

FHGGFHFG033Small.jpg

previous projects

92 prelude i did rust repair and a quick paint job on (no cut or buff)

IMG_3197Small-1.jpg

my 85 crx hf with custom lower panels arches engine swap paint blah blah blah

IMG_2490Small.jpg

my 87 civc hatch trailer

IMG_1424Small.jpg

my old hobart 140 welder (RIP)

IMG_1757Small.jpg

myfully shaved rsx tailighted DA integra

IMG_4790Small.jpg

IMG_4819Small.jpg

IMG_4931Small.jpg

IMG_5009Small.jpg

my latest 1991 crx b17a1 shaved bay wired tucked,brake lne tucked fender flared blah blah blah AKA the BATMOBILE

DSC00976Small.jpg

DSC00993Small.jpg

untitled.jpg

i am the batman

IMG00597-20101011-1830Small.jpg

so that give you an idea of who i am and what i do in my garage at home,some may agree with what i d and some may not,either way i dont care lol

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Lahey is going to be pissed Rickey.

lmao yeah i own a mobile home,but i got a decent price and it came with a huge lot and a 28x 30 garage and i just had a 12000 dollar fence put in with a 2800 dollor gate in the back ;) pretty much gift wrapped shit haha

Nice straight looking truck. Always loved the early fender emblems.

thanks i got the truck for 800 has 51000 original miles,the truck sat for the last 10 years and was only used to goto church and runs to town,it was owned by a older man ,id like to lower it a bit and put a nice set of low offset rims and pretty much just do much needed maintenance and little bit of rust repair...

bell tech makes some for these picups, i forget the model number (im sure someone will chime in) and its like 35 bux plus shipping. Not bad price really. You can get them with the 2degree angle or w/e so it keeps the right angle on your drive line..

also autozone schucks or one of those jenky asshat places should carry some generics..

usually can be had at the parts store.

cool thanks guys i'll see what napa in town says today, i went pretty low on the front torsion bars,i wasnt happy with the drop so i used longer bolts.but after a drive my shocks are pretty much bottoming out and there isnt any travel at all,so i'm going to mess around and see if i can rig something up with the Miller 211 mvp tonight sometime...i'm so new to these trucks i'm just going with it lol on one of my civics i just welded up extended top hats so i could run the tock length struts,but have the travel

i'll snap pics of how raked this lil bitch is now

cool thanks guys i'll see what napa in town says today, i went pretty low on the front torsion bars,i wasnt happy with the drop so i used longer bolts.but after a drive my shocks are pretty much bottoming out and there isnt any travel at all,so i'm going to mess around and see if i can rig something up with the Miller 211 mvp tonight sometime...i'm so new to these trucks i'm just going with it lol on one of my civics i just welded up extended top hats so i could run the tock length struts,but have the travel

i'll snap pics of how raked this lil bitch is now

Rake you say? And this is after i raised the front back up some :rofl: The frame was hitting the tc rods

IMAG0427.jpg

IMAG0425.jpg

picked up the bell tech 3 inch lowering blocks today and some stickers took the truck for a spin to get the blocks to seat properly and kept hearing a changing noise,not to sure if it was from the spring area or just some junk in the box lol i'll be looking into that as well

FHGGFHFG076Small.jpg

FHGGFHFG079Small.jpg

FHGGFHFG078Small.jpg

FHGGFHFG080Small.jpg

FHGGFHFG077Small.jpg

started to remove the steering wheel to install a sparco one,but couldnt for the life of me find that puller,so i yanked and yanked and still no go,so i'll dig around today and see if i can find the puller today,so sick of hitting my legs on the wheel when i get in the truck...

Rake you say? And this is after i raised the front back up some :rofl: The frame was hitting the tc rods

IMAG0427.jpg

IMAG0425.jpg

yeah it was pretty much like that haha,so werid to drive it like that,i couldnt find the camera untill after i finished installing the blocks,well the wifey found it haha,but pretty much mine was just like that

Welcome. That civic hatch utility trailor is awsome. I wanna build one just to tick off all the little kids in northern Louisiana lol

lol

belletech makes a angle 2 deg 3inch block 6202 i beliee the number is.

also if you remove a leaf or leaves you coul get axle wrap where the diff tirns UP and hit soemthing and more than 3 inch is best to raise the carrier bearing. as the angle just stress things out or make noise.

thats the set i have is the hanger bearing adjustable or is there some fabbing involoved ? ive been cruising her here and there all day today and ive been hearing this noise off and on ,not to sure what it is ,seems like its only when i give it throttle

best show ever...

i dont watch tv

today i took a old steel 1/4 ton utility box and cut it down to fit, i had to take all together 7 and a half inches out of this thing ...love the look,its so rat rodish to me...ive been thinking about doing the rusted hood deal with the bleach everyone seems to be doing,but i'm kinda unsure if i should...thoughts on this mod ? .i also got my parts guy hunting down some rocker panel patches for the truck,i doubt they make them anymore,so i'm thinking some from the earliest datsun/nissan truck available will work out fine ,thought on that as well ?

thanks for the tips and suggestions guys