hows it goin,new to the site

phatboycrxhf

spare tire chain hitting the ground?

nah checked that ,i'm thinking a U joint now after cruising it today...my alternator light keeps flickering,hoping its just a bad connection,but i'm sure it will have to be changed haha I'll snap some pics of that old box when i go outside ;) i picked up some rattle can paint for the rims,going to be doing them bright green and orange mix matched (halloween is just around the corner people haha

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did you pull leaf spring out the back????????If Yes how many. Then under accel its axle wrap. that wont go away.

Thats why I hate people removing springs. Its just doesnt make the truck or 510 wagon fun to drive in case you want to hammer it down if you have a decent motor.

To raise the carrier bearing alot of people use a a square channel or maybe even washers or soemthing. Might need longer bolts ,just depend on how much you raise it up.

If one has access to a drive on lift you could loosen the carrier bearing bolts and see how much it lifts up the add the specars you need.

did you pull leaf spring out the back????????If Yes how many. Then under accel its axle wrap. that wont go away.

Thats why I hate people removing springs. Its just doesnt make the truck or 510 wagon fun to drive in case you want to hammer it down if you have a decent motor.

To raise the carrier bearing alot of people use a a square channel or maybe even washers or soemthing. Might need longer bolts ,just depend on how much you raise it up.

If one has access to a drive on lift you could loosen the carrier bearing bolts and see how much it lifts up the add the specars you need.

i removed both overload springs because the u bolts were to short other wise.i went under the truck and saw how the carrier bearing is mounted,i'm going to like you said throw some washers in there or cut some plate and blow some holes in it

i ordered some new drums n shoes 65 for each drum and 40 for front shoes and 40 for the rears

lol

thats the set i have is the hanger bearing adjustable or is there some fabbing involoved ? ive been cruising her here and there all day today and ive been hearing this noise off and on ,not to sure what it is ,seems like its only when i give it throttle

i dont watch tv

today i took a old steel 1/4 ton utility box and cut it down to fit, i had to take all together 7 and a half inches out of this thing ...love the look,its so rat rodish to me...ive been thinking about doing the rusted hood deal with the bleach everyone seems to be doing,but i'm kinda unsure if i should...thoughts on this mod ? .i also got my parts guy hunting down some rocker panel patches for the truck,i doubt they make them anymore,so i'm thinking some from the earliest datsun/nissan truck available will work out fine ,thought on that as well ?

thanks for the tips and suggestions guys

they do, i just got both sides $39.00 each..i think the name is temco ? my parts are ar my sons house i will eet the name and number and pm you .cool.gif

cool id appreciate that ,i figured the price would be around that ,and the way i look at it pay 40 a piece and not have to make them which would probably take an hour or so each sde

whats going on guys i was sick of hitting my head getting out of my lil truck,so i installed some racing seats,nothing special just APC or Matrix or some smack...ummm hauled a mud bogger today and the shed from my buddies to my place

201111001Small.jpg

201111003Small.jpg

201111004Small.jpg

201111002Small.jpg

201111006Small.jpg

201111007Small.jpg

201111005Small.jpg

i was pretty scared moving that shed down the highway...it was so windy buddy and my wifey said that if i didnt have a larger dude riding with me it would have tipped on the curves when the wind hit the lil truck and shed haha

• 4 weeks later...

The RSX taillights on the Acura are pretty ill... Are you thinking about doing something different with the rear end of your 620 too?

i'm not to sure yet what is all going to be done to the lil truck,I'd probably do supra lights or maybe caddie,but honestly who knows with me maybe even old school camaro or chevelle would look cool i think

Has anyone done caddy tails laying on their sides, across the bottom of a rear roll pan? I'm thinking that would look pretty sweet too...

And I've always loved the taillights on 71,72 Chevelles- The set of four, with the inner ones having the clear back-up light in the center... Would look soooo sick in a roll pan...

Either would be pretty impressive- I'd love to see it done- (71,72 Chevelle tails would probly be a lil big though I'm thinking? The 68 Chevelles have smaller, rectangular taillights)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

574859_10150825343294627_843934626_9413844_194960929_n.jpg

my girls 1990 honda cr80r i media blasted painted with a base clear ,wrinkle paint on the exhaust and in the middle of rebuilding the top end.the bottom of the forks with be green as well and the theme is monster energy.still working on the plastics and having the pot punched out