Tow Hitch on 620 & 510

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ill have to get a pic of my 620 up tomorrow. its gotta hidden hitch behind a flip-down-license plate. its pretty rad :D

Yeah that would be cool. My truck will be dropped in the next couple months and I'd like to get a car trailer just big enough for the 510 and figure how to lower it as well (the trailor) I'm thinking I'll have to put helper bags on the rear of the truck to be able to pull a trailor.

Just wondering who has done one on their 620 and 510. Any info and pics on your setup would be helpful. Thanks

I wouldn't tow anything with a 510. Maybe you meant a 521? If thetrailer is designed properly and the load centered you shouldn't need to modify the rear suspension.

Aren't there some general rules about trailor and towing weight limits? Like the towed weight should not exceed 1/2 the tow vehicle?

I wouldn't tow anything with a 510. Maybe you meant a 521? If thetrailer is designed properly and the load centered you shouldn't need to modify the rear suspension.

Aren't there some general rules about trailor and towing weight limits? Like the towed weight should not exceed 1/2 the tow vehicle?

Also.

I don't and wouldn't tow anything with my 620. Maybe it's just me? Hitch was from previous owner,, just saying. Maybe a trailer of MX Bikes, that's about it.

T—

I gotta say X3 on that. Probably a good rule of thumb is - if you can't fit it in the bed, it doesn't need to come along.

I have seen worse ideas though. I'm the little kid in the boat. Circa 1978. That was a 600 mile camping trip. They'd probably take your kids away if you tried to pull some stupid shit like that today :no: .

1200seaking.jpg

Funny, I was just thinking about turning a 510 wagon into a tow vehicle. I was wondering if the "frame" could support a tow hitch. Just put some air bags in for extra support when towing. Toss in a torquey V6 or something and tow a car with friends in the back seat. I'm really interesting if this is possible. Or should I say, advisable.

Do you think the SR20 will have the torque to get it moving off the line? I was thinking of a VG33, 1UZ or even a Vortec V6 or something. I'd love to put a torquey little diesel in there, but I haven't done the research to find a "cheap" swap.

Anyone have any info on the 510 chassis to know if this is a viable solution? Or should we forget about it and just get trucks?

I'd like to stick with Nissan gear, and the SR has more torque than the KA, plus if I do a small turbo it should help

How does the SR have more torque? Stroke=Torque and the KA has a much longer stroke. The SR might "read" as having more torque because of the turbo, but it most certainly doesn't have more torque. Why else would they put the KA into trucks?

Banzai, I also think it's a bad idea to put a hitch on a unibody car, but it can work. My question is, can it work on THIS car? Hell, you can get a tow hitch for a Saturn POS, why not an old Datsun?

Banzai, I also think it's a bad idea to put a hitch on a unibody car, but it can work. My question is, can it work on THIS car? Hell, you can get a tow hitch for a Saturn POS, why not an old Datsun?

Yeah I know but face the facts 510s,1200 ect are tin cans. Buy a truck/suv thats what they are for.

some people think that little hook in back of a 510 is a Tow attachment then when soembody pulls them out of a ditch on a snow day, it pulls the whole rear valance out. Its made for covers when on boat from japan tp strap cover down

i wouldnt tow more than 400kg with a 510, 620 is different cos it has a full chassis but given it only weighs a tonne i wouldnt try pulling more than 650 or so

bigger heavier cars/trucks are different, but smaller lighter cars arent cut out to tow things safely