fender sitting on tire how to raise 510

salem x

Bought new 14'x8 'for the rear rims with 195/60/14 tires when I put them on one side has 3/4" clearance before it hit the tire. On the passenger side the fender sits on the tire, no clearance rubbing. I'm wondering how to raise my 510 only about an inch or so, and even out the difference. Do I need new taller or stiffer springs to do so, or can I use a block on top or bottom of my existing spring to give me more height? I want my tires to stick out past the fenders, wide stance look. Any suggestions on how to raise my 510 would be awesome. Thanks.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought new 14'x8 'for the rear rims with 195/60/14 tires when I put them on one side has 3/4" clearance before it hit the tire. On the passenger side the fender sits on the tire, no clearance rubbing. I'm wondering how to raise my 510 only about an inch or so, and even out the difference. Do I need new taller or stiffer springs to do so, or can I use a block on top or bottom of my existing spring to give me more height? I want my tires to stick out past the fenders, wide stance look. Any suggestions on how to raise my 510 would be awesome. Thanks.

if you have a sedan with coil springs these works great, sounds like your shocks are blown

coil spring boosters

Probly not a big deal but, did you roll it back and fourth a but to un spring the suspention after you jacked it up, 8 inches is pretty wide for a 60 series tire and stock fenders might have to stiffen and raise the rear a bit more than you think for the heavy dips

... sounds like your shocks are blown

Shocks do not set the ride height. They dampen spring movement.

Tires sticking out from under fenders with 1 inch clearance = 1 inch of suspension travel before it chews your expensive tires. You are going to need very stiff springs to limit travel.

1st aaaaaahwsome dime

2nd a altima is not a 510, your going to need stiff springs, as for the difference in ride per side id measure everythning you can and pinpoint whats not the same, its an old ass car I imagime it could be a long list of things.

Shocks do not set the ride height. They dampen spring movement.

Tires sticking out from under fenders with 1 inch clearance = 1 inch of suspension travel before it chews your expensive tires. You are going to need very stiff springs to limit travel.

You currently have a $4-6k 510 without flares ....... .. anything other than stock fenders will lower the value to half

.. .. DO NOT pull the fenders or add flares .. . .. just sell those wheels and keep the tires for 14x6 +10 wheels

I don't think properly adding flares to a good car will lower its value. What it will do is limit the number of potential buyers. And only those that must have stock fenders will think the car's value has been lowered, simply because they are seeing an added cost to make the car stock again.

For me I like the 510 with bubble flares. Having been at the BRE 510's first race may be swaying that opinion. Things a 14 year old experiances do have a lasting effect.

15-20 is the ideal off set does any know if a +25 off set will work with 15x7 rim tire size and will they tuck in the fender wells

Well if 15-20 are ideal, they should tuck. 25 should sit even farther back, and tuck even easier, But you run into clearance issues with the wheel/tire with the strut tube/spring perch. a +25 has 10mm more backspacing than a +15

You currently have a $4-6k 510 without flares ....... .. anything other than stock fenders will lower the value to half

.. .. DO NOT pull the fenders or add flares .. . .. just sell those wheels and keep the tires for 14x6 +10 wheels

wont mess with fenders like em stock, working toward the right rims & tires that tuck, till than these will be painted florescent yellow, for fun while under-construction

Leacon

What you posted is true on a 510 with stock 510 struts.Also depending where you put the perch on the coil over(stock is fine just use lowering springs or cut a coil or 2 or shorten the strut)

If 280zx struts then go 12 or 15+ offset.

SALEM X

best to get rid of those rims. Dont flair out a car just for some $250 Rims.

You have a nice car, dont ruin it.

I seen a guy sawzall his fenders to make some rims he got fit cause he was too cheap to buy the correct wheels.

Otherwise it was a PEFECT 510 now worth nothing( only way to fix what he just done was to put a BOX Fender kit on there) Of coase this would have cost more than buy the correct wheels on the first place.

ROTA RBs are a cheap and nice wheel.

Couple other types also.

the ratsun fix-

take a grinder and grind away paint on fenders

spray shiny metal every day with a garden hose for a year

now drive it

the tires should deteriorate the rust and you will have plenty of room for your tires

- sick620