• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I missed it, but why did you weld in your strut tower? Or am I seeing it wrong? It looks the strut tower was completely cut out and maybe a new one welded in.

Haha no it's stitch welding, with these cars being spot welded together! A heavier motor and more power so heavier turns. The body will actually flex and twist so that's why you see cross bars on strut towers, I did it because I dont have a strut towers brace... Yet. and I'm painting my engine bay.

Some people stitch weld every seam in the bay and have see one car with it throught the entire shell, but that's because racecar.

• Like 1

Never mind... I can see its not a two link. Parallel 4? I see what looks to be a cross link for track?

Yes it is a parallel bar set up with a track bar, it is a cool set up for it being a bolt in. It goes way lower than I was at with blocks and a flipped leaf yet no where near laying rockers, the only thing I need to address, is the alignment it seems to be off a bit to one side, I will see how far I can go with the track bar to center it more, and not bind any other areas

• Like 1

just a fyi ... adjust your track bar to center and ride height ...... they will shift the rear end through the arc of the suspension travel ... my chevy had one and u could feel it shift when at highway speed traveling the arc while operating the air .... not much but still 

• Like 3

good call ... could make those mounts lower profile on the axle .. but i always try and minimize wasted heights ... i woulda stepped that upper mount too ... looks like that axle saddle may hit the bump stop pad anyway on compression 

• Like 1

it bottoms out on the bags before anything else ... and when bottomed the pinion flange is barely touching the tunnel off to the pass. side, also the bags when flat are sitting a little too crooked for my liking.

so i might drill a hole for the mount on rear end to straighten the bag when deflated ?  

i also might consider stepping the top mount as well as jrock mentioned for a little more low as there is about 2-3" of unused space, however i will keep it high enough so that if anything should fail i will not tear any sheet metal off of my car lol

also could anyone answer, if in fact a setup like this eliminates the need of  traction bars?  in my mind its like a giant traction bar setup and should eliminate the diff from wanting to climb under hard acceleration