The Multi-State GRAND Datsun Classic

fairlady66

Chris,

I checked and I'm at the Motel 6 West. I'll be pulling in sometime Friday afternoon. I'm planning on leaving O.C. early, around 6:00-6:30am or so.

I am staying atthe same place. I am leaving Riverside at 6:00am, taking the 15 to I40

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We just hit the 50 mark with 3 days to go!

If you haven't registered yet and are thiking about it, you are running out of thinking time.

Register and get a friend to register.

Lets see what we can do in 3 days time!

To register for the Multi-State GRAND Datsun Classic in Williams Arizona log onto www.socalroc.net

50 Datsuns....nice. Is it too early to start a Mutli-State GRAND Datsun Classic thread for 2012? :D

Awesome job Chris

56 Datsuns registered! Registration closed tonight at 11:00pm.

Register at www.socalroc.net - NO Registration Fee! Donations requested.

i would like to take my 521 truck but it is not running just yet. plus i am in process of getting it in primer possibly paintint it the mopar color "plum crazy purple" i have some new update pix on "GRIMACE" i will post them up under 520/521 forum or project datto

X2 on the annual thing.....cuz that would give me a whole year to get the other coupe ready :D prolly gonna need every day of it.

See ya'll in a couple days

My Colorado gang is out. The weather is not going to be good. Keep my donation and we will try again next year.

Bummer. Next year we will plan it a couple of weeks earlier. It is amazing the difference a couple of weeks makes.

You can always change your mind........ Be great to have you all

Bummer on the CO. gang. Thought I saw some ugly weather forecasted on the news this AM. There are some spots that can get real ugly, real quick. Gives even more reason to do one next year.

To all that are going, have a safe trip, see you tomorrow or Saturday.

Well the Multi-State Datsun Classic went great! starting out at 25 degress it warmed up and turned in to the prefect day. Out of 57 registered Datsuns, 50 showed up. Bad weather in Colorado kept some from coming down. The show went as well as could be expected, very succcessful. We even ended up with some good sponsors for up coming years. The town of Williams was very welcoming to us, everyone felt their hospitality. All participants had a great time, some even compared it to the JCCS. Highlight of the day for me.... Driving Bob Bondurants 240z Racecar, Awesome! Pictures will be posted on the SoCalROC website in a couple of days, I forgot the camera cable for uploading to the computer.

I had an awesome time. Despite the Colorado weather disapointment, the show was well attended. Thanks to Chris and all his fellow organizers, volunteers, and helpers. I also got to meet a few people I have only met online, and that was a treat. The Datsun people are all great, and I have a few new friends now.

Been there, did it, and I have the T-Shirt to prove it :)

I can't wait until next year!

For those who missed this event, you missed out. Seriously. It was AWESOME! Weather was frickin gorgeous!!!! It was mainly Z's and Roadsters, with a few PL510's, and HL510, an 84-ish Maxima, a 620, a 320, a RHD 312, a couple of 1200's (coupe and sedan). Reading the license plates, we had cars from New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, California, Arizona, and even Mexico.

There was a really cool 1979 Japanese market RHD Fairlady (think 280ZX) with an L20A six, and the oddest factory intake I've ever seen on a Z car.

Yellowdatsun, I think I met you and didn't even realize it :lol:

Like they said, that was sooooo frickin cool. So many killer rides. Got some oics but ya'll gonna have to wait, damn near 400 miles in a 1200 wiped me out.

Shannon, thanks for following me out, made me feel good to know a fellow datto lover had my back. BTW, made it back no issues. Time to find a clutch master

Was great to meet people, but I am sure I can't remember every ones name. Next year I'll take notes.

Gotta go, beers callin

Aye cap'n that would be me :P wait were you driving a dime or a roadster?

I could be confused :blink:

Edit: or did you have the Z that was parked next to me? ya Iam cornfused