The Multi-State GRAND Datsun Classic

fairlady66

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Registration for the Multi-State GRAND Datsun Classic is open!

We have been getting some really good feedback from many Datsun owners in several states that are looking forward to this event. We are working hard to make this a successful show. We can always use support and sponsorships if anyone knows of some that might be willing to work with us please let us know.

Registration is up on the SoCalROC website www.socalroc.net

If you know of a Datsun owner in any of the surrounding states let them know about the Multi-State GRAND Datsun Classic taking place in Williams, AZ on October 8, 2011

Registered!....well printed of the form and gonna mail it in with my check cuz I feel like doin it old skool.....well, really I can't remember my paypal log in and got frustrated :lol:

Chris, i talked with Steroid & Nevtony & they want to make the trip out. Hope to bring my 620 but if not will the 720 be ok ?

Mark, a 720 is still a Datsun, barely. BUT Bring it! The model 720 came out in mid-83 so yeah I am ok with that

Be sure to get registered so I know how many to plan on.

Ah SHIT its only about 190 miles from Havasu, guess I don't have an excuse.

I will do what I can to get this there

019.jpg

Yes, you are right,NO EXCUSE! beside its close, it fun and there will be a bunch of Datsuns there!

Besure to register!

Register at www.socalroc.net

That 620 is badass, you can park it next to my 1200 ......they'll even match a little...my hood is white :blink:

Hotel reservations made today. Now all I gotta do is make sure the car will make it 370 miles...one way :D

regristration confirmed :D

Hey Chris, would it be possible to update us say every other week with a head (car) count?

I can do that. I usually do that as we get closer to the event via email. I expect counts to come in slow since this is the first time for an event like this. Right now we are about where I expected to be with registration, but I would be really stoked if more cars registered then I expect to.

Usually when an event is a first time as this one is registrartions come in slow. We are excited and encouraged though, every event we have put on the Datsun community ends up coming through like none other. Right now the best thing we can all do is spread the word and get those Datsuns registered. We are so lucky to have Bob Bondurant to come out for a meet and greet with this being the first time for this event.

So for those that are talkig about coming out, get registered! Lets make this an awesome event together! We can't do it with you Datsun owners. So lets pull this Big "D" Community together and have a great showing!

Just registered! This should be too cool. I should have at least 10 of my club members making the trip up from Tucson. Most of our cars have been down for the summer but they are all coming together now and should all be ready for this awesome event. I can't wait!!

Chris, I'm countin' about 12 or 13 from here so far :P Good to see some folks signing up, hell I might even throw another coat of primer on :cool:

Well there are a total so far of 13 cars registered. Not all from here. We really need to know how many Datsuns are coming, I know some will just show up, that’s a given, which is ok, but it is helpful to have a close estimate to go off of. Yes there is a lot of talk on a lot of forums about coming, but signing up would be such a help (There is plenty of time to register). I do understand that a lot of us have busy lives and some of our schedules prohibit us from registering right away and we need to wait and see if the time is there for a trek like this. Donations are helpful too, we want to put on a decent meet but sometimes there are expenses to get covered, so if any one wants to make a donation it is appreciated, $1 to $100+ anything is helps.

I have done shows for years and usually the ground breaking ones like these are the most challenging. BUT, we are going to have a good time regardless, after-all beautiful Williams Arizona, Datsuns from different states, and their owners, all this equals a good time!

If you know of any Datsuns from Utah, Nevada, or Colorado start talking it up to them and get them in on this.

left a regristration form under a wiper of a 280zx today, had to haul ass home and get one cuz I only had em in the coupe....now I got em in all the cars :D

left a regristration form under a wiper of a 280zx today, had to haul ass home and get one cuz I only had em in the coupe....now I got em in all the cars :D

Thats how to spread the word! Way to go!

I know I can just about guarantee 6 more with a possible 5 more on top of that if their cars are ready from Tucson.

ASWESOME! Right now there are 20 Datsuns registered! Numbers are looking good :) For not having a registration fee this is going to be great. We are going to have a great time! We sure can use some donations though, we have gotten a few, but not enough to cover the cost. The show WILL go on, and we WILL have a great time, but we want to have a good show with all the goodies that can go with it. It would be nice not to have a budget higher then lunch for two at Mc"D"s.

Any amount is something - Thank you in advance for your help.

Chris..probably after our bbq Ill have more time to reg. for your event. Look forward to the road trip & a chance to explore our new home state :cool:

Looking forward to having you Mark! Feel free to download flyers and pass'em round..

As of Friday Morning (08/19/2011) we are at 22 Datsuns Registered; 10-Roadsters, 9-Z Cars, 2-510s, and 1-1200 Coupe.

Now I know we can do better then that! Where are all the trucks???

Awards will be: 1st place through 3rd place for over-all show; Iron Butt Award for the one that drove the furthest; The Bondurant Choice Award (Hand pick by Bob Bondurant as his favorite Datsun); and a Diamond in the Rough award (The Roughest Datsun) This Datsun MUST be driven to the event.

There will be Dash-Plaques

Event T-Shirts for sale

Raffles

Planning on a good time hanging-out with Datsuns

Register Now - www.socalroc.net

If you can't go to this event then consider making a donation - Log onto: www.socalroc.net and click on the PayPal button