The Multi-State GRAND Datsun Classic

fairlady66

For those of us that are mathematically challenged, that means 7 to tie and 8 FTW (ya, I had to have my wife figure that out but she's smarter than me....even did it while makin me a sammich :D )

So if you're sittin on the fence, get off yer butt and do eet.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Trucks still.... if the 4-speed Roadsters and some of the 510s and "Others" are making the drive, its hard to take "I only have a 4-speed" as an excuse.... :unsure:

Big difference.

I'll let you drive my NL320... Hearing a 50-year old unrestored engine spinning 5000rpm's at 60 mph is nerve-wracking. :)

Like Ryan said, 5.56 rear gears in the old trucks. Roadsters and Dimes didn't have that issue.

Dash Plaques hitting press monday morning, T-Shirt order going in Monday, Awards being worked on now, what will I do with my time the week before I leave for Williams...?

oh wait.. Honey Do list waiting for me... seems to be growing. Maybe I can go on strike, seems to work for super markets

Honey do list? Nononononono.....cleaning, waxing, makin sure everythings put together right, that's what to do with your time the week before the show. For the next 22 days honey do's don't exist at Kamp Kelmo....wifeys been real cool about lettin me get the car ready, spent every night in the garage after work this week.

Left door lock messed with me today, got to work, locked it with the key, came out later...won't unlock with the key...graphite, no help. Damn, the door panel has to come off. Man, I got other stuff I need to get done on this car :blink:

Chris, if you go on strike...send flowers first :D

Honey do list? Nononononono.....cleaning, waxing, makin sure everythings put together right, that's what to do with your time the week before the show. For the next 22 days honey do's don't exist at Kamp Kelmo....wifeys been real cool about lettin me get the car ready, spent every night in the garage after work this week.

Left door lock messed with me today, got to work, locked it with the key, came out later...won't unlock with the key...graphite, no help. Damn, the door panel has to come off. Man, I got other stuff I need to get done on this car :blink:

Chris, if you go on strike...send flowers first :D

She doesn't do flowers, flowers die... she prefers Jewelry, Shoes, Purses... you know things she can use over and over again. Heck, I buy flowers so I can sit and watch them die, to me its more exciting then going Shoe Shopping!

I tried to register (for the show and the web site) and donate but I couldn't.

I think I will just show up with my 1966 Datsun "The MX520" (TRUCK!). :P

MX520016-1.jpg

I may bring one or two more . . .

MX520016-1.jpg

Damn that truck is SEXY!!

MX520016-1.jpg

Hey Bob,

Got your registration without a problem. To donate, just go to www.socalroc.net and click on the PayPal Donate button under the Multi-State GRAND Datsun Classic information. it only takes a few clicks.

That is a very nice 520 you have! Love it!

Looking forward to meeting you

Hey Bob,

Got your registration without a problem. To donate, just go to www.socalroc.net and click on the PayPal Donate button under the Multi-State GRAND Datsun Classic information. it only takes a few clicks.

That is a very nice 520 you have! Love it!

Looking forward to meeting you

Got it. Donation made! Making hotel reservations now, see you there!

Great to have you joining us Bob.

Thats one beautiful drive you have before you.

We are looking forward to it, should be fun. We may do a little "Colorado Convoy" if I can get some others to commit. :thumbup:

Bob, if the CO.convoy comes through Albuquerque, mind if I fall in? I was actually thinkin about askin if anyone is travelling on friday and puttin a group together. Now I can put the blame on you and say "But he started it" :P

Bob, if the CO.convoy comes through Albuquerque, mind if I fall in? I was actually thinkin about askin if anyone is travelling on friday and puttin a group together. Now I can put the blame on you and say "But he started it" :P

We are definitely coming through ALBQ. We will try to be there for lunch at Sadie's. You and whomever else can meet up with us there and join in the convoy. I want to be in Williams, AZ by 6pm, so I'm working the numbers backwards from there.

We are definitely coming through ALBQ. We will try to be there for lunch at Sadie's. You and whomever else can meet up with us there and join in the convoy. I want to be in Williams, AZ by 6pm, so I'm working the numbers backwards from there.

I will let the other ALBQ guys know lunch at Sadie's then hit the road.

Chris, sent you a PM...gotta send another with email add :D

Bob, I took a road trip to Grants NM today (87 miles 1 way) took me about 1hr 45 mins. I can run about 60-65 mph and the car sounds and feels comfortable. So I don't know if that would slow your group down or not :huh: Guess I should have done that before I opened my mouth :lol:

Anyway, Alb. to Williams is right around 370mi. At my(snails) pace thats about 8 hours. Just throwin all that out there, we'll see how things go.

So excited for this - CAN'T WAIT!!!

Chris, you should be expecting a registration from Ron (in Williams) for a 64 wagon and a Roadster or two...

We should be over 40 Datsuns now. :)

I already counted Ron in from the begining with at least 1 car. Just talked with him yesterday in fact. Haven't had any register in several days, but as of this morning we are at 42! Do I hear 45!!!!? :D

T-Shirt Order placed!

Just had another Truck register. This one is from Gilbert :)

Ok! We are now at 45!!! There is no reason we can't pull at least 5 more in to Williams for the day. We are already doubling the towns population for that day so let go for it. Local media will be around as well, lets give them 50 Datsuns to look at.

T-Shirt order placed, for those registering between now and the close of registertion there will be a limited suply of shirts on sale at the event, but I can't promise their size will be avaliable - it is first come on these shrts.

Willams, HERE WE COME!

It's count down time. 7 days left to register - we have 47 Datsuns registered for an outstanding time in Williams Arizona.

Working on a few final details. The raffles being put together as are goodie bags.

Local media is all over this. They are running a story next week in local paper. I will post the link once the story is out.

Donations are still being accepted.

Register at www.socalroc.net