datsun truck. Either a 1200 or 1600

i found a datsun truck i think its a 1200 but it could be a 1600. Is it worth buying and bringing it back to life the ratsun way? or should i just let it sit?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its in Washington. ill get pics up tomorrow. all i saw was it was blue and had a camper on that back surrounded by long grass. and the first to numbers were off so i saw 00 and im not a truck guy so i wouldn't know what kind of model it is.

yep, that's a 1200 ute. Stock, it comes with these badges:

Ute means coupe utility -- a one-piece pickup body. They've been using the word in Australia since the 1930s, although lately kids are calling any kind of pickup a "ute".

I'm just so used to hearing NL320.

Hoping you didn't make a typo. ;)

i havent talked to the owner but a friend was gonna buy it a couple years ago for $400.

i would probably offer him $250 and slam it and drop a ka in. idk if they fit but it would be a cool idea.

i havent talked to the owner but a friend was gonna buy it a couple years ago for $400.

i would probably offer him $250 and slam it and drop a ka in. idk if they fit but it would be a cool idea.

KA will fit.

Jesusno2 has one awesome build thread so far. Nothing to far into the KA yet. But awesome.

Icehouse has an awesome write-up in the How-to about putting a KA in a 620. Different, but close enough to get through it.

If it's been sitting in a yard/grass, check to make sure the floors are still there.

Bring a trailer as well.

It is more clear if you call it by the datsun model series (instead of the badges/engine size): 320 or B120.

1200 ute:

DSC_0010.jpg

thats my 1200 ute^^ and here in australia we call all pickups, utes...short for utillity good to see sombody using my ute as an example :)