FABRICATION FAIL THREAD

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Atleast they measured them out nicely. This was obviously a patient fabricator. Perhaps not much of an engineer.

i think the duct tape might be used for masking/protective purposes. you can see the outline of the collar through the tape.

his drill skills are impressive. i want to see the 'after' photos of the rotors/pads after a track run.

the rest of this thread either grosses me out or makes me scared for my life knowing some of these DIYers are possibly on the highway driving next to me.

The hole drilling is actually for weight savings. I forgot what type of racing series it is but it involves a shit load of weight reduction and that's one of the more common ways they go about it...lol. A member on the Mazda Protege forums i'm on did the same thing to his car (race car, obviously) . That's where I first heard/seen it.

oops

Welded-Differential.jpg

Not really a diff, at least it isn't a failed attempt at welding the spider/side gears for LSD because it isn't in a rear end. Looks more like welding art of diff gears.

That was from an epic troll thread on pirate4x4, dood was like 'did I weld up my diff right?' hilarity ensued. :lol:

• Like 1
2eDeYe' timestamp='1342101525' post='717637']

That was from an epic troll thread on pirate4x4, dood was like 'did I weld up my diff right?' hilarity ensued. :lol:

:rofl: I lulz cuz I was there

there have been a few epic threads on pirate..... but I got banned for trololololing :rofl:

there have been a few epic threads on pirate..... but I got banned for trololololing :rofl:

You got banned from Pirate? lol What did you do slap one of their moms on the face?

Thats not fail thats the pimpest motor home ever created lol. You can maintain your corners in style and your hoes can work right out of the back!!!

• Like 1

i bought this recently...if anybody is on the fence, meth is bad mmmk

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

now whats a tow strap doing there?

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

im proud to say that im responsible for these :fu:

GTexhmani.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

how to fix a broken axle shaft on a chevy (note: ]2edeye is just as responisble as me for this)

IMG_0520.jpg

im proud to say that im responsible for these :fu:

DSCN0474.jpg

how to fix a broken axle shaft on a chevy (note: ]2edeye is just as responisble as me for this)

IMG_0520.jpg

I'm probably partially responsible for that bumper too :lol:

It is still on there after many years of bashing...and hey, the blazer made it back down to the trailer. :rofl:

But sometimes being on the trailer isn`t that safe either.....

Hey you should hold the steering wheel so it goes straight off..

..Ah fuck that it`ll be fine ..i aint putting my fucking beer down to push the fucking thing off the fucking trailer, don`t be such a fucking chicken as ,,, you chicken ass fucker..

DOH!!

522015.jpg

522016.jpg

DSCF002061.jpg

i lol'ed at this! as long as no one got hurt... oh and now that im posting it im noticing how he is under the car....

this photo is why torque specs are important!

Ya what is that shit? Someone trying to make one of those infomercial air turbine things that gain 50mpg and 300hp? lol

This is form my own s30, the po converted it from auto to 4 speed and this was his shit attempt at a boot plate. He also decided to use 2 dif thread pitches since he broke the tap in one and then cross threaded a bolt into it anyway :sneaky:

IMG_20120712_151614.jpg

There is so much home owner bullshit I have had to undo on my car. The day I end up close tot he po house is the day it gets egged lol.