We are closing in on the half millionth post here on Ratsun.net!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

theres no way of telling who made the 500k post.

well not officially maybe but if u watch the number of total post then check the new content u can figure it out, just a lil bit of work.... lets just go ahead an send the sticker to me so i can put it on the 411

I so rarely get on the computer, that I miss things like that most of the time... for example, it seems that Skib has changed his signature...hehehe, I like it. Mobile version is handy, but I do miss out on stuff that way.

I think with the growing over-population of Ratsun,,, some rules and simple etiquette should be enforced

fuckery belongs in the insomniac thread ,, , many people I've met at swapmeets say they don't even bother checking Ratsun because it's a choatic mess of random inside jokes, and NSFW content

General Discussion is the first thing new-members will read,, ,, this morning was the worst I've EVER seen over the last 4 years

Meme generators and lengthy "stories" ... are not why I check Ratsun ... . epic project threads and usefull information is the foundation of this amazing forum

.. .. as hypocritical and ironic as this sounds coming from me, I hope it is taken somewhat seriously ..... <_<

• Like 3

Between skib and I, we have about 34K posts so that's 6.8% of all posts. For every 15 posts skibby or I will have something to say for the LULZ . :lol::fu:

lol :lol: the gap is huge.

Untitled-3.png

fuckery belongs in the insomniac thread

thats the idea of it....... we try to contain it

but everyone has to do their part in responsible posting

I think with the growing over-population of Ratsun,,, some rules and simple etiquette should be enforced

fuckery belongs in the insomniac thread ,, , many people I've met at swapmeets say they don't even bother checking Ratsun because it's a choatic mess of random inside jokes, and NSFW content

General Discussion is the first thing new-members will read,, ,, this morning was the worst I've EVER seen over the last 4 years

Meme generators and lengthy "stories" ... are not why I check Ratsun ... . epic project threads and usefull information is the foundation of this amazing forum

.. .. as hypocritical and ironic as this sounds coming from me, I hope it is taken somewhat seriously ..... <_<

So what you're saying is that everyone who simply wants to bullshit should only be allowed to do it in one massively bloated thread (5 digit posts, 6 digit views)? The description of General Discussion is "Talk about anything", which is what people are doing. Chit chat and bullshitting creates community, which is how Ratsun was billed to me. If I wanted a straight-faced, all-serious clearing house of information, I'd poke in at HybridZ. As for my stories -which you take offense to apparently- each one takes about thirty minutes to write up; and I do it because people seem to enjoy them. Epic project threads and useful information generally don't belong in General Discussion because of how well laid out the forum is. There is "Project Datto" and the Technical forums for exactly what you're talking about, and they belong there because they're important and they shouldn't get lost in the day to day bullshit.

I'll meet you half way on this though. On the front page, above General Discussion could be a thread solely for Newbie Introductions. And a sub-forum to General Discussion could be "Roughhousing and Horseplay" for all the typical bullshit and NSFW content. That would keep the GD forum a little more cleaner. But the reason everyone dicks around in here is because 1. we're a community of smart asses, and 2. we have no where else to appropriately have these threads.

• Like 1
And a sub-forum to General Discussion could be "Roughhousing and Horseplay" for all the typical bullshit and NSFW content.

thats what the Insomniacs thread is for.

for teh lulz and shenanigans.

every remember to keep it there ;)

So what you're saying is .......

No offense to you,, ,, but I just don't have time to read your lengthy reply . . .. . or your lengthy stories . .. . I'm shure they are funny

... . .but why don't you make "one thread" for all your stories? . .. . . like the "figbuck chronicles" ... . .in the Datsun stories section

• Like 1

Well if you are coming to ratsun for info you wouldn't be looking for it in General Discussion. (talk about anything) The info is in 14 other forums, many with multiple sub sets. Ratsun is that place in the back of the garage behind the Datto near the bench where people gravitate to talk shop with a well earned cold beer. Anyone is welcome to come by and join in if they choose and shouldn't be put off by the language and good times happening. Fuckery is inevitable but you are right, it doesn't have to be in the front driveway. (or disturb the neighbors) Several threads have been closed in the past, others directed to post in the Insomniacs thread and to tone it down. Speaking only for myself, I would rather let things run themselves, (well, within reason) than autocratic rule of hack cut and delete. There are other forums that are that other extreme and are only for the passing and discussion of info on certain Datsuns. That isn't ratsun and isn't the how Icehouse envisioned his/this forum. I think the mod team does a pretty good job of riding herd over the membership and moving it forward as Jeff would like it. Having said that, even in the garage things can get too rowdy when friends get together over a beer and it's up to the others to say something. INDY I hear you and will keep this in mind. No promises.

mike

edit: Naturally I took over an hour to write the above and things have moved on.

Seems an apropriate place to tell a story that I, just minutes ago, told a very dear friend(Beau). I sold him a Datsun with the criteria that he (1.) make it driveable, and drive it! (2.) Join Ratsun so that I have a local club member to BS with.

He has posted once.

His excuse was that he feels like a person should only post useful things, and he hasn't seen any question posted that hasn't already been answered. My response was this...

"You are a fan of the show "Sons of Anarchy" correct?"

"yes"

"That is a show about Harley Davidson enthusiasts right?"

"yes"

"How much time per episode do they spend educating people on Harley Davidsons?"

"Not much"

"Ratsun is similar without the outlaw side of things. We educate people about Dattos when they need info, but for the most part, we BS with people who like Datsuns. It's not a place for clinical discussion of Datsun motor vehicles. It's a place for Datto heads to get together and meet like minds."

Beau, if you are reading this, the "s are not exact, but that's the idea of the conversation.

Ratsun has quickly become a place for me to horse around with people like myself. I love it. I want more. I WILL be at future Datsun events representing Ratsun. I'll bring Beau. Thank you guys for NOT being too serious.