Boaty's KA24DE 2DR

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

20121101_135222.jpg

Some new goodies for Emma. I had to have at least one splurge item, and didn't feel like getting suspension bits now. I'll wait for that this spring/summer when I can enjoy them. The stereo I can enjoy 365.

More to come. Too lazy to take a pic of everything.. I'll wait for installation day.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Well I took Emma for a spirited drive under the guise of a delicious Dutch Brother's run... which I DID acquire, but then I decided a quick 6 mile freeway jaunt and back was in order. So I made it so.
Burrrrns that oil at high RPM, but she definitely loves her clear gas (non-ethanol, ours spec'd out at like 93.5 octane and is branded 92... unfortunately, $4.899 a gallon.....). She runs so much peppier on the right gas. It was never this noticable of a difference with the L20B.

She doesn't sound like a subaru unless I'm wide-open at lower RPM. Unless I run regular, and then she sounds like a subaru all the time and bogs when its hot out.

Stephen is happy.

Randy, next time you're up here - you should try some of our non-ethanol that you cannot get in California, just to see if she runs any different. It'll tell you for sure if you're losing anything with ethanol (e-10) like you guys have down yonder. My car loves it, but it's expensive @ 4.899 a gallon. :(

yea we get the special  California blend thanks EPA 

is your normal premium fuel the fuel you are talking about or is there something even better 

Normal pump gas is 87/89/92 octane,  (regular, plus, premium, respectively).
At my station, we also sell clear gas (non-ethanol premium.. no additives, no ethanol). Ours spec'd out two months ago at 93.5 octane, but is branded 92 octane (as premium fuel) to be legitimate.

Of course we ALSO sell race fuel (110 octane) in 5-gallon cans. We also sell the race fuel jugs to compliment, since pouring a 5 gallon metal can of fuel into a Datsun ... er.. I mean a race-only vehicle... is difficult. ;)