upper control arms v2

BEEBANI

P.S.--I have a set of these in stock right now due to a member ordering but not paying.:(

:mad:That sucks man! Really nice work too...that really blows that they are not paying you.

Keep up the nice work...

I have just one quick question though (possible repeat...looked but didn't see it addressed:)

Can I still run stock 521 14's with these arms and the attached HB/720 parts?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
They use the 720/hardbody cross rod with bushings.

Ok, before anybody starts hating, I've just used the search, and read all the main threads that discuss this swap, just to see if I missed the info the dozen times ive read them before and can't find anything specifically regarding this problem... if it's been answered, simply point me to the correct thread and I'll read it myself... ok? Thanks

As mentioned in all other threads, as well as specifically instructed by Beebani when ordering, I am trying to use the Hardbody crossrods with his uppers, but I can't see how they are supposed to work for a couple reasons and am seriously wondering if I'm just a little slow since no one else seems to have had this problem...

I'll start with what parts I picked up. I have everything from the upper cross rods to the complete spindle assembly off a V6 hardbody, not sure what year but it shouldnt matter from what I've found in posts, and am using a dropped hardbody LCA since my fabricator had a pair laying around and gave them to me for free.

So here's the issue, the mounting bolts are WAY too wide.

This pic was taken on the drivers side, and the rear mounting holes are aligned fore/aft and look how far forward the front hole is.

IMG_0146.jpg

So I thought maybe the V6 model was different so I checked against a HB that is at the fabricators and found it to be the same spacing.

These pics are measuring hole centre to centre

Mine (4 3/8"):

IMG_0150.jpg

Hardbody (4 3/8"):

IMG_0148.jpg

620 (3 1/8"):

IMG_0153.jpg

Second issue, the HB crossrods and arms are wider at the bushings than the 620, but Beebanis arms are the same as a 620 and he told me himself to use 720/hb crossrods, as well as in this thread.

Arm comparison:

IMG_0154-1.jpg

Thought maybe I was totally misunderstanding and supposed to use the 620 crossrod but the bushings on the 620 arm are definitely not the ones to use, no pic of them but you guys would know so anyway.

The only thing I could think of was to disassemble my 620 crossrods from the arms and see if I could get the HB bushings onto the 620 crossrods and see how that works out, but I ran out of time and had to leave...

Help! What am I doing wrong?:confused:

I haven't seen the instructions from Beebani, but the Hardbody shafts will not work. You need shafts from a 78/79 620(disc brakes trucks), or from a 80-85 720 truck. The upper control arm bushings are the same from 78-97, but the arms and shafts changed.

ok thanks, i had read 720 in Glengemans post, but Beebani told me HB and 720 were the same critical dimensions and had stated the same in posts.

Anybody have a set of 720 crossrods available?

Anybody making a trip to the junkyard soon?

Pull me a set, I'll pay you back for them, pay for shipping and compensate you for your effort. ($ or have lots of 620 parts wont be needing now, except bodywork, just ask) Datsuns aren't nearly as easy to find here in Canada as for you guys in WA/OR and since I'm currently without a license, prowling the local yards isn't all that easy. Would be much appreciated. Will post in classifieds too. Thanks again Yello

Edited by lowdatsun620
added request
i used late model 620 cross rods with beebanis setup on mine, bolted in perfect.

014.jpg

Thanks Shady, yeah Motavated is hookin me up with a set of them. I was lookin for confirmation that they would work, that's how I found your page and saw you were a local. Thanks for the tip anyways.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I haven't seen the instructions from Beebani, but the Hardbody shafts will not work. You need shafts from a 78/79 620(disc brakes trucks), or from a 80-85 720 truck. The upper control arm bushings are the same from 78-97, but the arms and shafts changed.

I used my 77 shafts and it worked fine...after much fiddling I was able to get the D21 lower control arm working (although I still need to fab a caster rod mount). I have both the UCA and LCA from BEEBANI. Both are beautiful.

I have a full setup sitting on the shelf from Beebani as well. Changing routes though. Mine are custom from Bee. They are shortened 2-1/2" (upper and lower) to tuck 8" wheels on bags. I have the uppers, lowers, D21 spindle and NOS 620 upper shafts. Will be selling the whole package shortly if anyone is interested. I'll even throw in a pipe c-notch for the rear already cut and ready to install.

Bee's quality is top notch!!

• 10 months later...