upper control arms v2

BEEBANI

They're not bending man, but if you want them boxed, I can box them. Not sure what you're looking for in regards to bag mount, send me a sketch.

Nismo, they do start in the center, but for some reason the machine stutters right there where it makes a 90 degree turn and leaves a little notch.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, if you run the path as an arc from the center to tangent at the circumference. Then it won't have to put on the blinker to make that turn.

I'm running into sorta the same problem with the stickers. Any time my polyline arc's start and stop (even though they are really one big polyline), the cutter is leaving a weird little tab of vinyl. It's very annoying and I haven't been able figure it out...grrr

Classy! If only I needed them hehe. Its nice to know if I get another kingpin truck there is now an easy way to have ball joints :) You guys know me I'm sure I will have another 521 in the future :)

i went to my local j/y and picked up a set of hb brakes/spindles, from ball joint to ball joint. got the whole shebang for 83 bux with tax!!! was the only hardbody in the yard. couldnt find the bigger calipers with dual pistons tho. maybe a future upgrade. i got 79 contol arms and all new ball joints, shocks, and end links. i just gotta send it all out for powder coating when the arms come! im not messing around with paint. screw that, i get them coated for free!!!!

i went to my local j/y and picked up a set of hb brakes/spindles, from ball joint to ball joint. got the whole shebang for 83 bux with tax!!! was the only hardbody in the yard.

score! :cool:

dont forget...

the hubs,

inner and outter bearings,

grease seals,

new shoes and rotors!

??? i think thats it?

yup i got it all, i just undid the lines from the frame, ball joints from the spindles and the tie rod ends. came off as a assembly!! took me 30 minutes. those bottom bolts were 27mm!!! i had to use my vice grips as a wrench because the biggest i brought was a 24mm

just got the arms via ups today, wow i am impressed. you are a very good craftsman beebani, anyone looking to upgrade, this is the only way to get ease and preformance out of your truck. now to the powered coaters with the parts! i will put pix in my project thread when i do the upgrade

• 10 months later...
will these arms work on a 320? i found someone locally parting out an '85 720 and really want to swap my NL320 over.

The 320's have shorter upper control arms, so I would have to make some mods. I made some custom ones for Rusty's truck that were adjustable. I can redesign them to make them stationary if you're serious about it.

The 320's have shorter upper control arms, so I would have to make some mods. I made some custom ones for Rusty's truck that were adjustable. I can redesign them to make them stationary if you're serious about it.

that is definitely the route i want to go with it. itll be a few months till i have the extra money to do that but i came across the rest of the parts real cheap so i wanted to see if i should pick them up. i will keep you updated on when i can afford to get them done.

Maybe i missed this info-

but what to do about the LCA's?

Do you reuse the lowers, or can you bolt on 720 LCA or HB?

Then, just get 720 or HB ball joints, spindles, rotors, calipers...ect?

Is it possible then to change to the HB steering assembly?

(I have been searching for weeks for steering parts for the 521 with dead ends!)

Those look great, btw!

also- those look really sturdy-

but on the stock UCA's, there is a bent lip that runs all the way around the tongue where the ball joint goes for extra strength.

Would you be able to make a set with some sort of reinforcement around the outer edge?

Thanks, Nice work!

Arm's look great. I'm going to go ahead and bag mine with the king pin, and then swap to ball joints/disk later on.

newb alert!!! can iuse these to get rid of the torsion bars? can i EVER get rid of them? what about those bars that go to the front?

This is how you get rid of the front strut bar, this is on a toyota, but the same principle applies to all:

1983toyot001.jpg

You would only need to do this if you body drop the truck, since you "Z" the front frame horns to lower the core support the same as the body.

You need to get on streetsource.com and SEARCH: body drop, SFBD, ect.

Look through this forum:

http://www.streetsource.com/forum/forum.aspx?forum_id=85

and learn learn learn.

Your torsion bars hold the front end up. As said before, figure out a different way to hold it up, and then you can get rid of them.