Meet Virginia

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an opportunity to get some input from you while contributing to your thread.

I am also undecided on a color for my dime. I always wanted white because it's understated and clean. But, it might be too plain. Perhaps you can stick with white, while taking it up a notch. I was thinking of a subtle pearl white that Lexus uses. Think it's called Crystal White or Frost or something. You might even go with something a little off white.

My second suggestion would be a metallic charcoal grey. I tend to stick to subdued colors because I like my cars to be "sleepers". But no matter what, a Bluebird Coupe will not go unnoticed in the Datsun community in any color. Can't wait to see this thing take shape.

I think we are sticking to white. We are running out of time and i would hate to drive my truck to Canby. Mostly just working on Virginia, these next 10 days. Things are moving a little slower, we ran out of wire for the welder. You guessed it all the welding shops are closed for 3 days up here in this small town. There is one big fistable hole at the corner of the quarter window area and a complete lower rocker area needing attention.

The hood was donated from Vic's RHD goon, she stripped it a while back. Its been waiting to be put to good use. Rummaging through a 510 parts shed I came across a 68 white trunk lid near perfect. Lock area was completely trashed but some hammer and dolly work helped it out a lot. Doors, hood and truck lid are now in primer. SWEET

DSC04841.jpg

lasvagas11_861.jpg

lasvagas11_881.jpg

lasvagas11_900.jpg

lasvagas11_911.jpg

And all was primed

And the quest moves forward in a painful sore body experience. I cut off the right lower rocker under the quarter and found it had been replaced. Then filled with a fat load of filler.

lasvagas11_913.jpg

Phil cleaned up a donor rocker section. I got everything sealed with POR type product, and ready for fitment.

lasvagas11_917.jpg

While welding in the new donor rocker I started the quarter window area. I decide to use 2 pieces of metal and weld one in at a time.

lasvagas11_926.jpg

lasvagas11_929.jpg

The welding is done, time for grinding. It's going to be a late one.

lasvagas11_930.jpg

Repaired the floor on the left side of Virginia. Not bad over all just a few holes.

Cut out the worse of it then cut out a replacement piece of some sheet metal. Had to make a few bents in the new piece to mimic the factory floor. sanded and cleaned the entire side and got it ready for sealer.

lasvagas11_970.jpg

lasvagas11_971.jpg

Punched a hole in the replacement metal for a rubber drain plug, ends up being a 19mm hole. So I traced a 19mm socket, tapped the center with a punch, drilled a hole and used a carbide bit to get the exact size.

lasvagas11_972.jpg

lasvagas11_973.jpg

lasvagas11_975.jpg

lasvagas11_974.jpg

:thumbup: I'd blow a dead panda for a coupe! Good yob!

Sometimes it feels that way, wake up in the morning and have cotton mouth from fumes, filler dust and other crap floating around in the shop. While in the shop I look across the at Vic and she is just a haze. But then again it could just be the bad ass Vodka / cranberry / rockstars she's been making me. Let stay up til 3am again, ha ha. Gave Phil a drink like this the other day. At 2:30am he wondered around the house muttering, I just cant go to sleep.