Ricer Sightings

i strongly dislike front wheels drive cars as a performance car.... i recall the guy that baught my parents old house (when i still lived with them) telling us about how he used to autocross his focus, and his main complaint was that the front inside tire would roast them in a corner and the car would oversteer extremely bad...

i just shit my pants laughing at anyone that thinks these types of cars are superior for performance, or even hint at the idea of the thought (rant)

i will try to contribute pics next time i drive through cornelius, or hillsboro

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i strongly dislike front wheels drive cars as a performance car.... i recall the guy that baught my parents old house (when i still lived with them) telling us about how he used to autocross his focus, and his main complaint was that the front inside tire would roast them in a corner and the car would oversteer extremely bad...

i just shit my pants laughing at anyone that thinks these types of cars are superior for performance, or even hint at the idea of the thought (rant)

i will try to contribute pics next time i drive through cornelius, or hillsboro

While I agree with you whole-heartedly, you're wrong. :D Sadly, as much as I hate to admit it, there have been some excellent front wheel drive platforms that have spanked many a rear drive car, Miata, Mustang Cobra, etc. A good driver is a lot more important than the drivetrain. If the car is set up well, it goes fast, period. A guy named Ben used to consistently get top time of day at autocrosses back when I started with a 92ish 4 door Civic. He swapped in a bigger motor, lowered it to the ground and put go-kart tires on it (not really but fatty short slicks) and that stupid thing embarrassed many many talented drivers in cars that cost twice as much with twice as much engineering.

But yes, I still hate front wheel drive. The only time I prefer it is in the rain in autocross because you can pull out of the corner quicker than with a rear drive.

I should start carrying my digicam around, we have some really good rice in this neck of the woods. Wings and unpainted body kits, oh my!

Sooo true with the FWD.. Driver is the key to a fast car.. My friend atuX his Ef2 (88 civic 4 door) and he woops ass out there all day long.. he takes on a bunch of cars out there.. has great suspension (K-sport) Azenis Tires...

Nothing wrong with fwd.........love it or hate it it still gets the job done, alot of the time more efficiently that a rwd, alot more weight over the drive wheels... Driver has tons to do with it Mat, you are so right there. My neon was heavily modded, but I could throw that little fucker around anywhere, had tons of torque and would spank many a mustang camaro firebird on fri night open runs at srp. Was it a full on race car? no. was it a fuckin fun little car with the right amount of power? hell yea. The later srt4's were amazing as well........... everything has its pros and cons, and everyone has their preference, but on average show me a hardcore rwd guy who says his shit cant be beat and I will show you a shitbox fwd that will! But as far as this thread is concerned, most rice is honda cars, and if it isnt a honda it is a fwd wannabe racecar.......i wont even comment on the canadian rice.

Bill

Oh you didnt know that mexicans are just asians that swam a long ways a long time ago and then their eyes changed and stuff......darwinism or algerism something like that.....i cant understand either speak so they are all the same. If you dont get that I am kidding and are offended by that, i make no apologies.

Bill

I'm 1/32 Cherokee! The Native American person at college didn't like when I called up trying to get a scholarship. You have to be 1/8 native to make it work. I kept saying what the heck? I'm not red-blooded enough for you? :) I was a total ass. Ah to be young again.

I know, I went down to the reservation my great ancestors were forced to live on.......as I was walking around, getting in touch with the past, i noticed how horrible and littered the place was. So I started picking up stuff and had several empty beer cans in a plastic bag...next thing i know the cops were down on me, cuffing me and taking me to jail. Charged me with disturbing indian artifacts. Thats a weekend I'll never get back.

Ya it's hards to know what to say to that. I do wonder how much it would be with out those ridiculous rims and the no "beat". Unless the "beat" is beating him with a stick I'd go for that!

Ya know, if all they put on it was a wing (might as well not put nothing at all) I let it slide as long as it is not too big.

It's all the other crap that makes me noxious and scratch my head.....

Also side note....., Oregon and its raining.... now that's not a surprise!

IMG_20110601_172802.jpg

I wasnt sure if that was ricer material but I figured the wing with the steelies (removed the hubcaps) kinda made it the ghetto version.

Note for the Record: My old stratus rolled hubcapless for a few years though, I never had a wing.

Always some good ones at pull a part.

DSCN4460.jpg

DSCN4461.jpg

DSCN4463.jpg

Not really a ricer, but it's a Samurai. I get scared when I see it driving around. I'm sure it handles great :unsure:

DSCN4464.jpg

DSCN4466.jpg

Local car show...don't be hatin'

Photo0073.jpg

Photo0074.jpg

Not my pic but it's a classic

l_5d22af42a914fce40c7ed87248ecf261.jpg

I know I have more on my pc but that will take some digging.