Vk45de 210

I recently started piecing together my new project... its a 1980 datsun 210 2dr sedan... this past weekend i bought a set of 15x8 wheels 3.5 inch backspacing... i also purchased a vk45de engine swap out of a 02-06 infiniti q45 including 5 spd auto transmission... i will be using the tiptronic shifter and the q45 gauges... i also bought 510 style headlights and will be putting 79 210 fenders on it... today i gutted the interior... tomorrow i may start pullin the stock motor out... i just found this website today so i figured itd be a good source for information and place to share my progress of my project... i will try to post pics tomorrow...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that an electronic throttle body?

What other swaps have you done to be able to take one on of this magnitude?

I don't think you should pull the motor quite yet. I'm trying to wrap my brain around a VK in a 210.

Exhaust clearance. Diff upgrade. Suspension/brake upgrades. Paddle shifters functioning.

So many things that might get in the way of finishing.

This thing will do wheel stands.

The motor will be so heavy, the rear will be off the ground!

Have fun though.

Dun-da-dun.

• Like 1

yea i didnt check the website out before joining or posting... sorry bout that... expected a little more support... i just have been doing a lot of reading and stumbled across the site lastnight... and yea im aware of the project im getting into... its not gonna happen over night... i just bought the car 2 weeks ago and bought the engine this week... so now im back to broke... lol... im thinking im going to use a mustang rear end and all the front end components from a s13... now im going to photobucket to upload my pics

Here's a sneak peek... i have over a hundred pics ive taken from every angle in and out... if you have any requests for a particular pic lemme know... i even have pics of close ups of the measuring tape on the length width and height of engine, tranny, seperate and together, and the engine bay as well...

IMGA0325.jpg

IMGA0315.jpg

IMGA0357.jpg

yea truthfully i was rendered speechless at some of the responses im getting... with all the datsuns that i see in racing i didnt expect to see this much skepticism... oh ye of little faith... lol... this is gonna be a full tube frame and caged car... it will have a mildly narrowed rearend... only doing a mini tub... full suspension conversion... full brake conversion... completely gutted aside of dash, door panels and 2 front seats...

so now im back to broke...

If you're ALREADY broke...

There is a thread that got started a few days ago that I took this quote from.

Obviously, it wasn't directed at you, but it is very fitting.

Also...this isn't the whole post, just an excerpt.

I understand him wanting a big "rock on". "A small block in an xxxx.......NO WAY......TOO COOL" response.

Xxxxx- There have been others who were going to build the V8 xxxx. The results have not been good. That doesn't mean you won't do it, or that it won't be totally cool. It is something that is just met with a little "oh no, not again" skepticism. It may sound like a bunch of critics or whining but everyone is trying to help. I hope you won't take it to personally. If you start a discussion and hope for input, don't shut everyone down. There are a lot of guys here that know the xxx and can offer you real advice on the pros and cons of what you suggested.

Now, with that being said...

We're not trying to rag on you. Really.

It's kind of upsetting to know that there is 1 less Datsun still on the road with the rest of us.

Now back to my original question...What other swaps have you done?

What qualifies you to finish such an extravagant project?

Telling us full tube frame does increase your chances of finishing...there are just some things I don't see working.

maybe being raised in a drag racing family has set my goals too high... or maybe i shouldve built, then posted results... jk... i want criticism... im new to datsuns so yall are where i plan to look to when i need opinions... as for being broke... it's more like the wife gon beat on me if i spend more money right now... lol... originally the car was going to receive a 4.3 vortec... but i thought that was too easy and thought it would be cooler to keep it nissan... as a child i played with my fathers 600hp chevy luv and my moms sbc firebird... in my recent years i played with hondas... nothing real crazy... all my hondas received motor swaps along with the typical mods... right now my wagon is the only one that has not received its swap yet... i pieced together a full turbo set up for it... but bought the datsun so im just gonna keep a mild na swap in the wagon to keep it as my reliable daily... ive always admired datsun and came across a great deal on one... all my friends have been doing ls1 swaps in 240's and rx7's lately and i got a friend who just put a ls3 in a lexus is300... another friend is doing ls1 in is300... long story short... i havent seen this done amongst my friends and i wanna do something different and a little more challenging... this is good to get feed back though... very motivating... thanks guys

maybe being raised in a drag racing family has set my goals too high... or maybe i shouldve built, then posted results... jk... i want criticism... im new to datsuns so yall are where i plan to look to when i need opinions... as for being broke... it's more like the wife gon beat on me if i spend more money right now... lol... originally the car was going to receive a 4.3 vortec... but i thought that was too easy and thought it would be cooler to keep it nissan... as a child i played with my fathers 600hp chevy luv and my moms sbc firebird... in my recent years i played with hondas... nothing real crazy... all my hondas received motor swaps along with the typical mods... right now my wagon is the only one that has not received its swap yet... i pieced together a full turbo set up for it... but bought the datsun so im just gonna keep a mild na swap in the wagon to keep it as my reliable daily... ive always admired datsun and came across a great deal on one... all my friends have been doing ls1 swaps in 240's and rx7's lately and i got a friend who just put a ls3 in a lexus is300... another friend is doing ls1 in is300... long story short... i havent seen this done amongst my friends and i wanna do something different and a little more challenging... this is good to get feed back though... very motivating... thanks guys

Even if you are qualified to do some major work...this might be a bit overwhelming for ya.

Now if you had a VH on hand, or even some sort of VG/VQ...I could imagine it being possible.

KA24DE's fit nice and snug in the hood of one of those.

CA18DET would be cool too. CA will even keep you away from the fan-boi tyte ness of an SR

I know where your thoughts are coming from. I get it.

Drag family. Want to be balls to the wall.

But if you're wanting to build a fun, drivable car...a VK B310 will probably never hit the road.

Give the car a chance, as is. You'd be surprised what that car can do with just 100whp.

Ever watch Miata's race? (I know guys. Terrible for me to bring such a thing up.)

Miata's can tear a race track apart. Maybe you won't beat your friends in a drag race. Maybe? HA. You won't

But take your friends to the top of a canyon, and see who has the bigger smile on their face.

Hell. You'll probably be waiting for them at the bottom.