Wife says "You're on Car Restriction!"

Way to many projects, and the drive way is full. Seems like every time I'm looking for parts for one of my project cars, I find another "to good to be true" or "one I've always wanted" cars for sale. I'm several hundred miles from home, come across this sweet datsun for sale. So being an upstanding husband, I make my evening call to hear about her day. Slip in, "I found a really sweet car today" she's like, "You are on car restriction, do not bring another old car home until you get rid of a couple." So now I'm thinking about where I could stash it so she does not know I bought it. The stash method did not serve me well with the 240, as it was trashed while spending time off site.

Currently

81 720 is my son's daily driver

79 210 missing a fuel tank and waiting on replacement to arrive via shipping. Daughter driving son's Mustang.

72 510, bad transmission, waiting for time to install the l20 and dogleg.

76 620 not running, needs carb, I've got the carb, but no time right now.

73 240 destroyed cosmetically in a buddies repair lot.

So I have three dead Datsuns in the drive, thankfully my drive is three cars wide and I have a pad that holds two cars. She said it embarrasses her and the drive looks like a small car junk yard. Won't even invite friends over because of the cars. I told her we need new friends if the cars are a problem for them, whooa, that did not go well. I think she has reached her limit. I view it as my personal museum.

How do you guys /gals resist the next "really great original car"?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to many projects, and the drive way is full. Seems like every time I'm looking for parts for one of my project cars, I find another "to good to be true" or "one I've always wanted" cars for sale. I'm several hundred miles from home, come across this sweet datsun for sale. So being an upstanding husband, I make my evening call to hear about her day. Slip in, "I found a really sweet car today" she's like, "You are on car restriction, do not bring another old car home until you get rid of a couple." So now I'm thinking about where I could stash it so she does not know I bought it. The stash method did not serve me well with the 240, as it was trashed while spending time off site.

Currently

81 720 is my son's daily driver

79 210 missing a fuel tank and waiting on replacement to arrive via shipping. Daughter driving son's Mustang.

72 510, bad transmission, waiting for time to install the l20 and dogleg.

76 620 not running, needs carb, I've got the carb, but no time right now.

73 240 destroyed cosmetically in a buddies repair lot.

So I have three dead Datsuns in the drive, thankfully my drive is three cars wide and I have a pad that holds two cars. She said it embarrasses her and the drive looks like a small car junk yard. Won't even invite friends over because of the cars. I told her we need new friends if the cars are a problem for them, whooa, that did not go well. I think she has reached her limit. I view it as my personal museum.

How do you guys /gals resist the next "really great original car"?

Just invite Datsun friends over tongue.gif I think I may have a home for your other 620 soon too.

You got my number man, whenever you're free we'll get the engine in that dime!

I love you guys, made me feel better, guess I should man up and get ready for the doghouse. Matt, I'm gonna keep it quiet, don't want anyone to scoop me on the car till I make a decision.

I love you guys, made me feel better, guess I should man up and get ready for the doghouse. Matt, I'm gonna keep it quiet, don't want anyone to scoop me on the car till I make a decision.

If i had more property i would have more than 2 datsuns. Wife said she dont care how many i got. But due to the size of this place i wont have more than 2-3 tops.

My girl is from Ireland...never had a car til she moved here. She thinks I have a problem, I tell her it's my collection. :lol:

I do have too many though. I need to get some property or something :blink:

Renting a garage is fine, and I may do that ,but to store two cars it would probably be a couple hundred a month. And that is a lot of parts and project money. After a few months, the cost would make the real value of my stored Datsun's worthless. They are Datsun's, not Ferrari's, my anti theft device is keeping the tires flat, or at least that is what I tell the wife :)

• Like 1

Tell son you have to get rid of his ride, mom's orders. This will put him solidly on your side and apply pressure on your wife to keep at least one. Now get to work on the others and sell one. This will satisfy your wife. For the rest, get a car cover on them so they don't look so bad to others.