wat do u guys think of chevy luv's or ford couriers

youngen

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luvs are alright... But I think the ford courier is way too underrated. only the early ones tho. I don't know about cali but up here is seams they don't ever sell for more that 6-700 bucks! even rust free, with original paint! simple but cool lookin trucks. i think 73-76 or 77 were the good looking ones. A local J/Y had 2 arrow straight, rust free originals for 500 each. I think they got crushed tho...:(

I have run a chevy luv 4 consecutive years at tuff trucks, theres not alot of power but they last along time even when you beat on em, torshin bar front sespintion too, so you can raise or lower with a wrench ad a shim to the camber and your good. I say yes to luv. A fords good for stuff too, just not realy my style and ive never seen a 4 wheel drive? Huh just relized that. Oh wait the maighty max that counts

well ya mazda did make ford's courier

an the chevy's didnt they have a izuzu motor

The Luv was totally Isuzu, just as the early Courier was totally Mazda. I actually also own a Mazda REPU, which is kinda a Courier with a rotary engine. Similar, but much "fancier". Don't get me wrong, I like my 521, but the REPU is nicer in almost every way.

Mark

wuld u ever sell ur repu haha

idk im just trying to find a badass mini truck cuz if i dnt buy a datsun mini truck for a DD

im going to rebuild a datsun 510 or a truck for my senior project next yr

I think both those trucks are pretty sweet too. I had a buddy that had a LUV with an engine he pulled from a PUP that rocked pretty hard.

I parked next to a mazda b1600 the other day that looked pretty awesome. I have to admit I check them out, I don't feel like I'm cheating on the datsuns though

wuld u ever sell ur repu haha

I would, but it's in excellent shape and I would want $$$ :blink: If you are looking for a project, I'd go with either the Datsun or the Courier as a second choice. You will find it easier to source parts for any of the Datsun trucks vs. the Courier. Either one can be a solid little truck with a little effort and minimal cash outlay!

2718612830070852740S500x500Q85.jpg

Mark

I would, but it's in excellent shape and I would want $$$ :blink: If you are looking for a project, I'd go with either the Datsun or the Courier as a second choice. You will find it easier to source parts for any of the Datsun trucks vs. the Courier. Either one can be a solid little truck with a little effort and minimal cash outlay!

2718612830070852740S500x500Q85.jpg

Mark

Beautiful

I know where one is rotting away :(