backhalfing...help me not f**k it up

buying a new welder next week and instead of repairing the shitty job the guy did on my bridge kit I think I want to back half it. I can do this over a few weeks so I have plenty of time to work on it. My main question can I just put it up on jack stands and cut the rear half off or what? I got a guy here locally that wants it for his hardbody and the 100 he's giving me will help offset the cost a little.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you should get to know your welder first. Practice on some non structural projects, get your welding down then move on to more ambitious projects.

To me, this is a backhalf. Cut the back off and rebuild everything. Not a simple first fabrication project in any way.

2823507850066781137S600x600Q85.jpg

I'd talk to some guys familiar with extreme lowriding set ups, not Ratsun, the majority(me included) have static drops, and while the Datsun knowledge here is strong it doesn't really apply to nonfactory suspension geometries. And agree with not doing a structural job as your 1st foray into welding, nothing like welds breaking and watching major suspension component rolling past you on the street

get another truck.

keep it stock.

profit.

seriously though.

If you really want to fix it,

go check out INFAMOUSNISSAN.COM

and see how it's supposed to be done.

Then, go to an experienced welder and give him american $$$$'s.

Put truck on level ground..cut off the bridge..the truck will then lay frame ["should"]...make sure the bridge is level...weld back in place. Depending on what brand of bags you are using you "may" have to raise the lower mounts to get the max lift. Theres more to consider but these steps will get it to lay frame.

Put truck on level ground..cut off the bridge..the truck will then lay frame ["should"]...make sure the bridge is level...weld back in place. Depending on what brand of bags you are using you "may" have to raise the lower mounts to get the max lift. Theres more to consider but these steps will get it to lay frame.

I'll more than likely do this. new notch kit isn't to much and I'll just build a new bridge kit. I really wish I had done the kit the first time and not paid some jackass to do it. Any pics of your build pac?