WOW....clown shoes.

Stopped by a friends today to grab the head for my LZ20...

Went in the garage and these monsters assaulted my eyes....

Thought you guys might like to see some oics. It's the same guy that's got the 3TC 210 he's working on.

Theres 3 cars in the pictures.

A: turbo'd '84 RX7 with a chevy 350.

B: Z31 with an upgraded turbo. Much larger then stock.

C: SBC Z31. Not much that I know about it.

IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

facepalm...

dude you blow me away..

first off, you are not gonna have even 300 hp from that iron headed junktastic smallblock on the mazda... you really believe what that guys tellin you? ollz

square tubing for exhaust manifolds? a cast iron Y deal and a cheapo ebay turbo? 800 isnt happening with that pile of stuff...

how much HP did the other v8 nissan have? 500 on that stocker tbi motor that they put a double pumper on?

facepalm...

dude you blow me away..

first off, you are not gonna have even 300 hp from that iron headed junktastic smallblock on the mazda... you really believe what that guys tellin you? ollz

square tubing for exhaust manifolds? a cast iron Y deal and a cheapo ebay turbo? 800 isnt happening with that pile of stuff...

how much HP did the other v8 nissan have? 500 on that stocker tbi motor that they put a double pumper on?

lol dude, trust me, you don't give that Mazda enough credit. Just because the manifolds are perfectly engineered doesn't mean it doesn't have the high power potential. You really think it has only 300HP? Hell maybe it doesn't have as much power as we think. It's yet to be dyno'd. You really have to see it in person to understand it, but it is capable of more then you give it credit for tongue.gif That turbo isn't an "ebay" it's legit Garrett. Look at the name cast into the side on the top picture. It produces 19PSI under light revs in neutral mellow.gif

The other Z isn't anything more then a straight swap with nothing special. probably doesn't hardly produce 300HP. If that even.

Edited by metalmonkey47

no offense to your friends but some of that workmanship is plain scary.

I agree blink.gif

it's cool as hell though, seeing people take what they have and make it work.

I don't particularly like the craftsmanship, but it's %100 functional and makes some real crazy, diff snapping power! All on what appears to be a pretty low budget.

Well I'm all for people doing their own stuff, but people making 800-1000 hp have motors and cars that look clean enough to eat off of. Those two examples are not that. Not saying it doesn't make some power, but very much doubt those power claims. If he dynos it and pulls those numbers, I'll be happy to eat crow.

Hell, my 510 is plenty quick and I know it doesn't make over 150 hp even with all the money I've poured into the motor. Much less with massive hp, you need massive internal work to handle all that power. Custom pistons/rods, etc. Stock pistons just don't hold up.

• Like 1

Well I'm all for people doing their own stuff, but people making 800-1000 hp have motors and cars that look clean enough to eat off of. Those two examples are not that. Not saying it doesn't make some power, but very much doubt those power claims. If he dynos it and pulls those numbers, I'll be happy to eat crow.

Hell, my 510 is plenty quick and I know it doesn't make over 150 hp even with all the money I've poured into the motor. Much less with massive hp, you need massive internal work to handle all that power. Custom pistons/rods, etc. Stock pistons just don't hold up.

Maybe our estimates are wrong, not saying it's an exact number, but I have physically seem the amount of ass kicking this thing is capable of. It's yet to be dyno'd so I wont say it's a verified monster yet, but it's a beast in the making for sure. rolleyes.gif

I know the manifolds were one of the parts mentioned to me as something coming off in the near future, and some more legit, smaller twin turbos were to be mounted down under to hood to allow more clearance for the hood to fit.

The engines rebuilt and would probably already fallen to pieces with that turbo if it wasn't done correctly laugh.gif

I stomped a 96ish Mustang the other day in the 510. Looked nice, nice wheels, but I'm betting V6 and autotragic. He even had me off the line and I pulled a full car length ahead of him in second and maintained in third before I had to slow down. He had some teenage kids in the back, I'm betting they were disappointed. :D And that's with a meager, MAYBE 150 hp in the 510. Doesn't take much to be faster than the rest. As slow as the 510 is, it'll take 90% of the cars on the road.

Here's an easy way to tell. Ask him how long it takes him to get from 60-90. My uncle's Mustang Cobra with a twin screw supercharger made about 425 hp if I remember right, and would do a 60-90 pull of about 3 seconds. My 510 is maybe 10-12.

I stomped a 96ish Mustang the other day in the 510. Looked nice, nice wheels, but I'm betting V6 and autotragic. He even had me off the line and I pulled a full car length ahead of him in second and maintained in third before I had to slow down. He had some teenage kids in the back, I'm betting they were disappointed. :D And that's with a meager, MAYBE 150 hp in the 510. Doesn't take much to be faster than the rest. As slow as the 510 is, it'll take 90% of the cars on the road.

Here's an easy way to tell. Ask him how long it takes him to get from 60-90. My uncle's Mustang Cobra with a twin screw supercharger made about 425 hp if I remember right, and would do a 60-90 pull of about 3 seconds. My 510 is maybe 10-12.

A lot of it is the HP/weight factor cool.gif Our Datsuns are so light that 150HP can feel like 200 if you know how to drive.

the Mazda is never floored because it eats diffs, so I'm not sure what it will do. It's awaiting a diff swap and some under the hood work before it's anywhere near ready to run the track.

Georgia engineering?

:rofl: I told you this place is whack.

Hey it works! Not my choice in mani's, but hey everyones different.

This guy even had a pretty neat turbo mani for an L-series laying around, but wasn't interested in selling it.

Even an NA Chevy V8 will make an RX eat diffs. The torque is what does it. Those diffs are weaker than the R160, or darn close anyway. Even if the motor only makes 250 hp, that's a lot for such a little car, and especially for the diff. All I'm saying is, from the fabwork I see there, and the never floored because it eats diffs comment, it looks like hill billy delusions of grandeur. I know my shit isn't fast, I just drive it fast! :D

Not to be a dick. And was that you or him in the pic?

Even an NA Chevy V8 will make an RX eat diffs. The torque is what does it. Those diffs are weaker than the R160, or darn close anyway. Even if the motor only makes 250 hp, that's a lot for such a little car, and especially for the diff. All I'm saying is, from the fabwork I see there, and the never floored because it eats diffs comment, it looks like hill billy delusions of grandeur. I know my shit isn't fast, I just drive it fast! :D

Not to be a dick. And was that you or him in the pic?

Meh, like I said, you never know until you see the numbers. unsure.gif Anything is possible cool.gif

That was him. I'm a skinny ass white boy. :rofl: Be nice, he's a member on here tongue.gif

Meh, like I said, you never know until you see the numbers. unsure.gif Anything is possible cool.gif

That was him. I'm a skinny ass white boy. :rofl: Be nice, he's a member on here tongue.gif

I'll try! :D Documented evidence would help though. (Timeslip, dyno pull, etc.)

For instance, this is from my '97 hardbody at Firebird back when I lived in Phoenix. Stock except intake and header. Still slow! (I'm the 17.75) ;)

timeslip.jpg

dynochart1.jpg

Something is amiss here. On a real dyno chart the torque always equals the same reading as horsepower at 5250 RPMs. Not saying the numbers are wrong it's graphed really wrong. The cross over point between HP and Torque is always 5,250 RPMs.

How come the numbers say torque 137.2 but it's labeled as HP on the right side/ Same with torque. Torque is always lower than HP above 5250 RPMs too.

dynochart1.jpg

Something is amiss here. On a real dyno chart the torque always equals the same reading as horsepower at 5250 RPMs. Not saying the numbers are wrong it's graphed really wrong. The cross over point between HP and Torque is always 5,250 RPMs.

How come the numbers say torque 137.2 but it's labeled as HP on the right side/ Same with torque. Torque is always lower than HP above 5250 RPMs too.

dynochart1.jpg

The horsepower scale is on the left, the torque on the right. the torque curve is the one that starts high and ends low. The hp curve starts low and goes high.

I agree blink.gif

it's cool as hell though, seeing people take what they have and make it work.

These rides use fbs technology....."Flaming Ball o Shit"...what the f!ck....dude u should have told your friend to stop a long time ago...If those put down 800 to 1000 horse I have two dicks...

metal, i can tell you I am a astronaut but till you see me waving from space its just rhetoric...

maybe he shoulda saved the money from buying those chevy race valve covers and taken those turbo manifolds built from lincoln logs and put those suckers on a flow bench...see what kinda flow they got..I am archiving these photos on my comp for future reference

• Like 2