Datsun 620 show truck selling for a friend

hosestop@msn.com

Hi out there this is Hosestop in So Cal have this truck on Ebay check out and give me history or buy it please want a collector to get her, feel priced right may sell less if does not sell runs hard , needs attention ,guy was envy in the day got all girls on Blvd, and mini truck shows anyway people have said they remember truck was owned by a guy named Wasserman before the guy I am selling for he paid 6k in 1980 for her, thanks and write back at hosestop@msn.com I also make clutch banjo hoses for 620s.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-1974-Datsun-620-Pick-Up-Truck-Weber-carbs-510_W0QQitemZ120224175739QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6783QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually am looking at the Truckin magazine it was featured in January of 1980....It was owned by a guy named Jay Wasserman of Orange County...It is rough but it wouldnt take to much to get it going again...I will ge the magazine scanned and post it..unless someone has the issue that owns a scanner...

The truck is not sold and non-profit origization (hosestop ) wants to bringer back with sponsor or ? anyway I really want to make removable rear cab panel and shell for a sllick silver bullet pick up maybe for a price reasonable ,then we 4 whl disc etc to upgrade and when done you take home .And Dream...............

OOoooooK!!!!! Here it is, or should I say, WAS. January issue 1980.

WW5.jpg

WW4.jpg

WW3.jpg

WW2.jpg

WW1.jpg

Naturally, as they were the most popular show truck preffered, a Pacific Top shell. I believe the wheels were made by Appliance. Can this thread be changed into the Truck area?

And now............................

WW6.jpg

WW8.jpg

WW7.jpg

WW9.jpg

WW10.jpg

WW11.jpg

WW12.jpg

Still very buildable/restorable. In looking at the interior photo in Truckin', it looks like a 5 speed shifter knob. Maybe there is a 5 spped still in the truck.

$2000-$2500 for a former show/magazine truck seems reasonable to me.

Maybe cause I'm all the way out here.?

But still.. a solid 10-20hrs work and your drivin and lookin good in a True Oleskool.

OK. First off, once again, can this thread be moved into the "trucks" section. The truck, Wasserman's Wonder as it was known, is home. Now My decisoins on what to do with it are "hounding" Me. I have had a huge discussion with Guy, Mark and Scott Wilkie (who was with Me when I purchased it) on which direction I should take. There is some rust damage on the frontend. Nothing to big to handle, but the other guys have agreed that the truck might look better with the front bumper placed back on again. I have an idea for that modification. Take 3 bumpers and section/weld pieces together so that when completed, the bumper looks like it came from Japan without beong pressed for the front license plate. Naturally it would be done right and re-chromed. But how about this idea............... Lets say that I had've kept the Datsun SS for all these years. I definately would have purchased a Pacific Top shell. Also I would have molded in the top of the bed. I really never liked what I did with the rear fenderflares, so let's say that I had a metalmaster fabricate the rear flares like Wasserman's Wonder has. The front fender flares are almost identical to the ones that My Datsun SS had. So, do You see where I'm going????? I change the frontend to exactly what I had done on the Datsun SS and I almost have My first truck back all over again.

slayDatsunSS.jpg

5700DatsunSS2.jpg

Look closely at the above photos and You can see what I'm saying. This is just a thought, though. In the back of My mind I say leave it alone. More on this later.

Part 2........... Naturally, over time all minitruckers change things around. The more that I thought of it after I was done, I never thought that Ford Mustang taillights fit a Chevy themed truck. I did that modification because it was easy. Just cut out 2 holes and install. I always liked what this guy did though..........

blackVegarear.jpg

Let's say that to keep a GM theme, I took another tailgate and put in these taillights with a Vega bumper, now that would match. Or, because I am already going to run a Vega bumper on the dually project, I keep what Jay Wasserman did and mold in the stock taillight housings into the bed. I might have done that. It works, looks good and I might have done that. So take this truck and rebuild the SS again. Or there is a third idea......... Keep it just like it is and update the graphics some. I can envision these same laidout graphics in 3 tones of gray, or silver. I would, however, stop them somehow behind the rear fender flares. I don't like the look of them across the tailgate. Possibly some lettering on the tailgate or have My welder, Rich Boyette, fill the top of another tailgate but still have the DATSUN letters and have them shaded. I plan soon to place My Permacast rims on the "Wonder" and take some photographs. I always wanted a set of Permacasts. Decisions, decisions!!!

Mike, I moved it to projects because, well I think it fits better there. If you like I can change the title to 'Wasserman's Wonder'

I'm not sure which direction I would go if I were you, although I like a DATSUN tailgate and the stock tail lights (I always laugh to myself whenever I see someone moving their tail lights to the roll pan on newer custom trucks, when dattos' came that way from the factory)

Hey!!! Thank You! I'm sure over time We will be adding quite a bit to this thread. Wasserman's Wonder is cool, as He built it. I am thinking, also, on what personalized plate I might put on it. If just "Wonder" is available, which I doubt, maybe I'll put that on on it. Maybe also shorten the name to just "Wonder" or "620 wonder" painted on the tailgate. The other personalized plate name that I'm thinking of getting might be WW 620

It is awesome to hear how excited you are about this Mike! I can't think of a better person to own it.

Did you ever finish Choptana? Love to see the final pics if so!