620 Parts for sale

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By request, pics of the 620 bumpers I received from Dett. These are NEW aftermarket bumpers. They are sandwiched together in a box with no packing. The chrome is horrible, and they are rusty and scratched to shit. Oh, and they don't come with the hardware he says they do. Don't order these, you will be disappointed.

That's too bad, I've received good parts from him so far but I didn't order any chromed stuff.

Datsun 620 Vent Window Seal.

Condition:New Old Stock.Still In Original Package NISSAN.Not reproduction.RH side Out of package for tako photo only.LH side still in orginal package.

MADE IN JAPAN.GENUINE PARTS.

$150.00/Pair+Shipping cost.

DSCN2888.jpgDSCN2889.jpg[/img]DSCN2889.jpg

DSCN2890.jpg

This thread and the other one for 520/521 parts from Dett has been troubling me. I know he has sent out good parts to me and others, yet we have a couple of cases where people have received crappy stuff and Dett's position is those aren't the parts he sent out.

Hmmm, where does that leave us? To me, it comes down to three questions.

(disclaimer, I'm not questioning anyone's integrity here, just listing the possibilities so please don't go off on tangents about that)

1) Is seller making good 'small' sales to only make bank on big ticket yet faulty items?

-or-

2) Do we have some buyers who want something for free?

-or-

3) Is someone in the middle switching the parts (i.e. someone along the delivery chain... how honest is the postal system in Thailand?), but that would mean someone at the post drop Dett takes his stuff to knows Dett is selling Datsun parts, but this person also has an interest in Datsuns. Very unlikely, but when you eliminate #1 & #2, that's the only possibility.

My suggestion? I recommend Dett sign the parts in grease pencil or some other way of verifying the parts he put in the box are the ones being delivered (maybe even a unique bar code label, basically something that's hard to duplicate or remove without damage). He can even take a picture of the part once signed/tagged and email a pic.

If the recipient has a dispute, he would have to provide a pic of the 'bad' part with the signature/tag, which would be difficult to fake if originally done properly by Dett.

In computer network security, particularly e-mail you have basically the same thing. You digitally sign an email with a unique key that ensures the recipient gets what you actually sent (there's more to that, but that's the simple version), giving proof no one tampered with the message in transit.

Just my .02

Most items seem very legitimate, almost all. A few received, looked used or poor quality and one in particular was listed as NOS and was obviously a re-pop and even had a tag with the date 2001 on it. I'm tired of people not getting what was advertised and then told 'not what I sent'. Dett has made a lot of money from his parts, a lot. I don't see why poor quality 'junk' is sent out with the good and why complaints are not delt with. On the other hand he is significant source for hard to find items for our cars. The majority of deals were fine, everyone happy. So should the membership be protected from being ripped off or one of two bad sales just the cost of doing business?

So should the membership be protected from being ripped off or one of two bad sales just the cost of doing business?

There is no easy way to legitimately protect buyers, here or anywhere else online for the most part. You could go through a brokerage, but that tends to be costly and time consuming.

The only real method is to meet in person, however that is also very problematic. Look at all the Craigslist robberies from in person sales.

Hmmmph!

My post was not intended to show how to protect anyone per se, just to narrow down where the problem may be and to hopefully eliminate our confusion about who is misrepresenting what was sent/delivered. I know it's a long read but if you pay attention and think it through, it's a process that might work to alleviate and maybe even eliminate the issues in this thread (one way or another!).

Again, I was happy with what I received and Dett went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with the deal. So I am not pointing fingers at anyone, I am just confused and hoping these few supposedly bad transactions are straightened out and there are no more.

I will say I ordered some door window wiper seals from Dett, they were not NOS, they only resemble the original wiper seals slightly...

They were also packaged badly and the box was bent in half, which in turn had bend seals in it (they have metal ribs).

It also took forever to get them, like he didn't ship them for a month. He also never replied to me when I mentioned the damaged shipment. I didn't knotice that they were not the same as the originals until I installed one. For the price I paid I just wrote them off and figured no big deal.

It seems now a few other people have had issues which makes it a larger deal than before.

I will try to get my pictures uploaded tonight, it's been busy around my place lately :lol:

I have backed way off of this (these) topic(s) since I first posted about my complaint with Dett, but have been mildly amused at the traction it has gained since. I would absolutely hate to see a resource such as this go away, but when I got burned by this guy, it pissed me off. I don't have a shit ton of money to throw around, but I caught a break selling some stuff I had and decided to throw caution to the wind and splurge on some bling for my trucks. Sucks for me it happened to be Dett that got my money, you all have seen the pictures. Below are the facts of MY case, and they are not refutable....

1) I paypal Dett $350.00 for a set of his aftermarket 620 bumperettes with brackets and hardware, and a set of NOS OEM 521 hubcaps, shipped AIR MAIL. (this costs many extra $$) I assume he is sending all parts at the same time.

2) Dett waits 10 DAYS to ship the bumpers. He keeps stalling me on sending tracking numbers. Bumpers arrive about 3 weeks later, brackets a few days after that, NO HARDWARE. I ask about missing hardware and complain of poor quality, no response. I inquire about tracking number for hubcaps, get tracking number.

3)Dett shipped hubcaps 2 WEEKS (14 days) after shipping bumpers. But now that I have complained about the quality of the bumpers, he has sent the hubcaps signature required. Hmm. Get the hubcaps, they are rusty junk, not OEM but repros poorly packaged, so I complain. Keep in mind I am not sending malicious pm's, but merely asking if he is going to compensate me for poor quality and mis-represented product, but I just get ignored.

4) Tired of being ignored, I post pictures of the product I received from Dett in his threads, warning people that these particular products from Dett are not as described, but are in fact, junk. I receive nasty PM's from Dett. Apparently he does not like the truth when presented to him. What I don't receive is a refund, or even an apology, or an excuse, or anything besides the nasty pm's.

I ship true parts same photo i post.I know my heart what i send.Buyer should know heart what him receive.God know i do.Another buyer will not understand same me.why him do this.

I know in my heart that you shipped me rusty junk; you do too, as you have never denied it.

Cause it's true Dett and you know this!! You're a deceitful person and a liar Dett!!

Yes.

This thread and the other one for 520/521 parts from Dett has been troubling me. I know he has sent out good parts to me and others, yet we have a couple of cases where people have received crappy stuff and Dett's position is those aren't the parts he sent out.

Hmmm, where does that leave us? To me, it comes down to three questions.

(disclaimer, I'm not questioning anyone's integrity here, just listing the possibilities so please don't go off on tangents about that)

1) Is seller making good 'small' sales to only make bank on big ticket yet faulty items?

-or-

2) Do we have some buyers who want something for free?

-or-

3) Is someone in the middle switching the parts (i.e. someone along the delivery chain... how honest is the postal system in Thailand?), but that would mean someone at the post drop Dett takes his stuff to knows Dett is selling Datsun parts, but this person also has an interest in Datsuns. Very unlikely, but when you eliminate #1 & #2, that's the only possibility.

My suggestion? I recommend Dett sign the parts in grease pencil or some other way of verifying the parts he put in the box are the ones being delivered (maybe even a unique bar code label, basically something that's hard to duplicate or remove without damage). He can even take a picture of the part once signed/tagged and email a pic.

If the recipient has a dispute, he would have to provide a pic of the 'bad' part with the signature/tag, which would be difficult to fake if originally done properly by Dett.

In computer network security, particularly e-mail you have basically the same thing. You digitally sign an email with a unique key that ensures the recipient gets what you actually sent (there's more to that, but that's the simple version), giving proof no one tampered with the message in transit.

Just my .02

I don't want anything for free, I assure you all. I just want this guy to admit wrong doing.

Most items seem very legitimate, almost all. A few received, looked used or poor quality and one in particular was listed as NOS and was obviously a re-pop and even had a tag with the date 2001 on it. I'm tired of people not getting what was advertised and then told 'not what I sent'. Dett has made a lot of money from his parts, a lot. I don't see why poor quality 'junk' is sent out with the good and why complaints are not delt with. On the other hand he is significant source for hard to find items for our cars. The majority of deals were fine, everyone happy. So should the membership be protected from being ripped off or one of two bad sales just the cost of doing business?

I agree with you completely and wonder the same thing.

2eDeYe' date='15 September 2011 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1316120742' post='547499']

I will say I ordered some door window wiper seals from Dett, they were not NOS, they only resemble the original wiper seals slightly...

They were also packaged badly and the box was bent in half, which in turn had bend seals in it (they have metal ribs).

It also took forever to get them, like he didn't ship them for a month. He also never replied to me when I mentioned the damaged shipment. I didn't knotice that they were not the same as the originals until I installed one. For the price I paid I just wrote them off and figured no big deal.

It seems now a few other people have had issues which makes it a larger deal than before.

I will try to get my pictures uploaded tonight, it's been busy around my place lately :lol:

This sucks too, wish you would have said something sooner. I wonder how many people here have not said something, or did and just didn't get heard because they posted in the buyer seller feedback section as wayno suggests. No offense wayno, you are also right to vent about being fed up with the complaining, but it probably would not have been as effective had it not been brought to light is his threads.

[quote name='Str8_69' date='15 September 2011 - 07:13 PM'

This sucks too, wish you would have said something sooner. I wonder how many people here have not said something, or did and just didn't get heard because they posted in the buyer seller feedback section as wayno suggests. No offense wayno, you are also right to vent about being fed up with the complaining, but it probably would not have been as effective had it not been brought to light is his threads.

I do not have luxury of reading peoples minds, and if you read the feedback thread you will find only one piece of feedback on 620green, and guess what it is, POSITIVE, and the weird thing is, it's from someone that has been bitching on these threads. The only goal I see in these threads now, is to get 620green banned. He has been on here selling parts since march of this year as far as I can tell, and sold a lot of NLA parts to many of us, and I am very happy with mine. So now we will see if the few decide for the rest of us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...