Trolling and teh lolz 2.8

jalen

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no offense but why even bother with wheels yet, your going to need way more parts to make those wheels fit then just the wheels... just sayin, unless your goin for massive poke and 4 inches of gap...

edit; not a lot of parts per say, but dollar value and work.... i forget what you already have because of the last 27 pages of nothing but for example, coils...camber adjustment.. tires...fender pull/roll/flare?...

im just looking at my options for cheap. i would run 15 x10's in the rear and 15x9 on 195/50 with sectioned struts ground control coilovers eibach 300lbs springs with vw inserts and bolt on camber plates. and eventually ttt lrca and maybe even power steering....but like i said earlier this cost money.

im just looking at my options for cheap. i would run 15 x10's in the rear and 15x9 on 195/50 with sectioned struts ground control coilovers eibach 300lbs springs with vw inserts and bolt on camber plates. and eventually ttt lrca and maybe even power steering....but like i said earlier this cost money.

Oh jeeeezzz i feel bad for this car. Well goodluck it could turn out great! , im gunna stand back and watch this play out! could be interesting haha

• Like 1

You don't need half of that shit.

Powers steering?

Coilovers? just grind the spring perch and use clamps. and if it the spring perch is going to hit the tire, i think the 280z/zx has a skinny perch (Don't quote me on that, never really cared for my suspension)

Camber plates are wack. There is only one reason in the world to have camber plates, and that's for racing. unless you're going to the track every weekend then you don't need that.

and heavy ass steel wheels isn't going to do the Z justice.

Just my opinions.

I know it's your car and all, but get the necessary stuff out of the way before thinking about mostly aesthetic mods like this. like getting your car on 4 wheels, and the ability to stop.

Have you driven the car around?

• Like 1

You don't need half of that shit.

Powers steering?

Coilovers? just grind the spring perch and use clamps. and if it the spring perch is going to hit the tire, i think the 280z/zx has a skinny perch (Don't quote me on that, never really cared for my suspension)

Camber plates are wack. There is only one reason in the world to have camber plates, and that's for racing. unless you're going to the track every weekend then you don't need that.

and heavy ass steel wheels isn't going to do the Z justice.

Just my opinions.

I know it's your car and all, but get the necessary stuff out of the way before thinking about mostly aesthetic mods like this. like getting your car on 4 wheels, and the ability to stop.

Have you driven the car around?

In his case he is going to need camber plates, dont quote me on this but he wont clear the fender without them...even with moving the perch but i agree, power steering? and steelies are overplayed, cheap, but overplayed

Yeah if he goes with the wide wheels, not only camber plates but fender pulling rolling like you stated above.

I just want to remind him that the Z car is a sports car. Even if it's a smog ridden 280z lol

i was joking about power steering , im pretty sure if i said i was going to drop a boosted b16 in there you guys would believe me :(and i like coilovers, simpler and i trust them more then my fabbing haha. Camber plates are a must and steelis will work untill i get some work equips, longchamps, or hayashi's

so a lot has happen since i have posted last. my brakes got redone and car is back on the ground, ran it for a while then my engine bay caught on fire and melted my air cleaner. And found i have water in may gas tank. talk about fun eh?

when i went to cold start the z wasn't feeling it, so i had a friend put starter fluid in it, but he really put gas and a lot of it so the air filter was soaked in gas and caught fire. so i had to be superman and jump the z and grab my hose that had the sprinkler attachment on it still and put the fire out. (i probably got more water on me then the fire because of that stupid attachment.)

so i get to spend more money and time to do basic shit. But i did just pick up a mig welder for free that works. thank you estate sales

when i went to cold start the z wasn't feeling it, so i had a friend put starter fluid in it, but he really put gas and a lot of it so the air filter was soaked in gas and caught fire. so i had to be superman and jump the z and grab my hose that had the sprinkler attachment on it still and put the fire out. (i probably got more water on me then the fire because of that stupid attachment.)

so i get to spend more money and time to do basic shit. But i did just pick up a mig welder for free that works. thank you estate sales

hook it up to gas if you can, makes welding with a mig sooo much nicer.

• Like 1