Texas scores a point!

OK, so I went through looking for a thread that I started back in 2010 about Texas dattos as a place to continue the discussion about the score that was started in P. Rubber's 720 thread.

However, the search fuction sucks and, I found my first point along the way (along with a shit ton of freaking weird threads that I bookmarked for future zombiedome).

No one ever forgets their first score right?

I must say that this wasn't my most impressive troll ever, but it was the one that got me respect on Ratsun. ( I been trollin since before it had a name)

If you're not sure how this whole "score" thing got started, read this thread. WARNING: This thread is stupid.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25214-drifting-with-derka-derkas/

If you are a Texan who is interested in helping the score improve, PM me or just be awesome.

chuck.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

listen to Mike. He really is an encyclopedia of datsun knowledge.

PHIL: "Texas is really ugly, you know that? I mean, what could anyone possibly like about this state?"

DORMAN: "I like the way it's shaped."

GARDNER: "It's wild, Phillip. Always has been and always will be - just like us"

Anyone? Guam_Guy (Chris) has a head start on this but internet six pack for anyone who knows where this quote is from. Bonus beer for naming the actors, another beer for naming the make and year of the car used and two beers for the license number. Yes it's a Texas plate, a '72. Double point to skib if he gets the first answer because he isn't a Texan, ....... (I think)

BTW I like the shape too.

well fux. Turns out Mike is just an encyclopedia of everything. Must just come with age. You'd think a person that knew as much about Texas as him would have had an oppurtunity to move here by now.

Gardner: She looks fast Truman.

Truman Sparks: Yeah, it's the stripes!

Kenneth Waggener: Looking at a road map - "That's dirt son, there's no highway through here. The dotted line means dirt."

Gardner: giggling - "I thought it meant shortcut"

Quote from movie- Fandango

Phil- Judd Nelson

Dorman- Chuck Bush

Gardner- Kevin Costner

1959 Cadillac

License # DLW 739

Great opening with Saturday Night's Alright (for fighting) I was doing similar things in '72 in Ontario so maybe this is why this movie strikes a cord in me. The endless summer of youth is ending and the winter of adulthood is just a few years away. (maybe just enough time for one more road run with the boys and forget about it for a while)

lol what I wanna know is why oics of my snail mail retort is not in this thread :rofl:

I srsy lulzed so fuckin hard when that card showed up in the mail :lol: I applauded you for taking the joke to the next level :rofl:

How many points do I lose if I say I haven't seen it?.. but I like chainsaw massacre unsure.gif

The first one.. and the second one with Bill Mosely as the Hitch hiker/chrome dome, and Dennis Hopper has a chainsaw fight with leatherface!

Not the remakes with mathew macanakahee or R Lee Ermy. Nothing against the gunny, I just didn't care for the film.

well I say you got taste. the originals rock, they make great dinner movies if you serve chili

• 2 years later...

A guy I know said that (years ago)he filled up

with gas,at a station in Texas.As he went to leave,the

attendent said "Wait - you forgot your beer".

Seems that you got a free 6 pack (Lone Star?)with

every fillup.Back then,it was also legal to have a cooler

in your vehicle,& drink as you were driving.

Ah - the "Good old days".

- Doug

A guy I know said that (years ago)he filled up with gas,at a station in Texas.As he went to leave,the attendent said "Wait - you forgot your beer". Seems that you got a free 6 pack (Lone Star?)with every fillup.Back then,it was also legal to have a cooler in your vehicle,& drink as you were driving. Ah - the "Good old days". - Doug

Actually, I believe passengers can still drink while the vehicle is in motion; I think only the driver needs to remain sober. God, I love Texas! :)

~Peter

Actually, I believe passengers can still drink while the vehicle is in motion; I think only the driver needs to remain sober. God, I love Texas! :)

Open container laws vary by municipality. I know in Tarrant County (where I live) it's illegal. But several counties around us still allow it. 

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...