69 Green Goon

izzo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonvo. those look exactly like my seats only with red instead of gray. I maybe interested in trading. I can't come down this saturday as i wanted to (maybe, but its a really far shot) If you are in no hurry. then i am in no hurry as well.

thats exactly what they are lol yeah im in no hurry dont wanna mod another set of seats right now :P but if your interested we can make it happen

I am interested. My neon seats were exactly like these, only i had to bend the front mounds upwards so they would fit the stock setup. I just used a vise grip to bend the front tabs horizontal.

I am interested. My neon seats were exactly like these, only i had to bend the front mounds upwards so they would fit the stock setup. I just used a vise grip to bend the front tabs horizontal.

the 610 uses almost identical mounts to the mr2 stuff maybe just swap seats and keep the rails that way no mods needed

the 510 is a bit different i suppose?

I have to drill a little bit to get these in the car.

update time.....

Got everything buttoned up. Didn't get the seats mounted, got lazy. Car runs/drives. Need to bleed the brakes, but they work fine if i pump once or twice before i need to use them. Car got moved and parked out of the way. Getting pretty burned out on project cars.

See what i can get done next friday, should have the brakes bled so i can take it for a cruise.

Cleaned up the floors today, and the door jams etc.. Put original hood back on, stuffed the seats in there. Got company over so didn't get to install them today, maybe tomorrow. Drove it over to the shed and unloaded all the parts/tools i had in it.

So bolt the seats down, get a washer and cotter pin for the throttle linkage, probably bleed the brakes here in a few. Might end up selling this thing. No time anymore for a project, and no more money to dump into it.

pics

2011-08-26_11-17-05_572.jpg

You can see where i did and did not clean on there, its all done now though.

2011-08-26_12-03-58_294.jpg

2011-08-26_12-04-06_295.jpg

2011-08-26_12-31-23_416.jpg

my youngest came out and wanted to help me clean my car. He said the cars from the 1800s olllz

2011-08-26_12-32-08_73.jpg

2011-08-26_18-36-43_986.jpg

2011-08-26_18-43-43_56.jpg

• 1 month later...

Rear main leaks :(

Ordered the part, will be here tomorrow. Going to try and get it done this weekend!

Side note, anyone from ratsun going to be up in this area saturday/sunday? Im going work on this rear main seal saturday, but could use a hand getting the brake system bled properly.

Once i get these two things done shes ready for me to go and get tabs on it and daily drive it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

Hi folks. This is Ken Layton, the one who owned this car for most of it's life. Figured I would register here to see what's happened with my old car since I sold it back in 2010.

I bought it back in 1974 from Gene Hines' Auto Sales here in Olympia, Washington. It was right at the end of exit 107 southbound's ramp. Gene Hine passed away a couple of years ago and had been retired for a number of years. The showroom building still exists, but was extensively remodeled last year into a brand new Chevron gas station/convenience store. The Datsun served me well for most of it's life and I kept a maintenance log in the glove box. When I had it, the first engine (L16) ran till about 150,000 miles till it blew a head gasket. It was then that I bought a "crate engine" from a company in Centralia/Chehalis, Washington. Paid $300 for the engine and another $300 for another company in Rochester, Washington to install it. So from 150,000 miles to around 425,000 miles was put on the car with that crate engine.

I generally had mechanics or friends who are mechanics work on the car as I am not a mechanic. I work on pinball machines and printed circuit boards. Cars are too complicated for me.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Ken Layton said:

Hi folks. This is Ken Layton, the one who owned this car for most of it's life. Figured I would register here to see what's happened with my old car since I sold it back in 2010.

I bought it back in 1974 from Gene Hines' Auto Sales here in Olympia, Washington. It was right at the end of exit 107 southbound's ramp. Gene Hine passed away a couple of years ago and had been retired for a number of years. The showroom building still exists, but was extensively remodeled last year into a brand new Chevron gas station/convenience store. The Datsun served me well for most of it's life and I kept a maintenance log in the glove box. When I had it, the first engine (L16) ran till about 150,000 miles till it blew a head gasket. It was then that I bought a "crate engine" from a company in Centralia/Chehalis, Washington. Paid $300 for the engine and another $300 for another company in Rochester, Washington to install it. So from 150,000 miles to around 425,000 miles was put on the car with that crate engine.

I generally had mechanics or friends who are mechanics work on the car as I am not a mechanic. I work on pinball machines and printed circuit boards. Cars are too complicated for me.

Ken i Pined for your car for years as a youth in olympia .... i used to drive state street to downtown just to catch a glimpse of it ... i used to see it everywhere around town ...it was iroonic when tim got it being we became friends around 2010 o a little after that .... 

I worked for just about every movie theater in town back in the day. That's probably why you saw my car all over town and then some. I even worked at the Skyline Drive-in Theater in Shelton as projectionist/technician. I would put 20 miles to the Skyline and another 20 miles home from the Skyline (40 miles a day total) on Friday-Saturday-Sundays during drive-in season. Plus my regular daytime job was head game repair technician at Capitol Amusement & Vending Company. I was always out on service calls in the 5 counties we served.