69 Green Goon

izzo

YA, well im thinking i should have bought THIS ONE!!

lol.gif.......................................................but actually.....sad.gif

Hahaha. This wagon is the shit, man. I just yanked the front seats out and all the old carpeting/padding. I found enough change under the seats to pay for the car! (not really, but i can get some cheese burgers) I am working on the engine bay now, shits filthy and taking a lot to clean it. I swooped up an L16 for temp use. I got a W58 head as well, i can't find any info on the head itself on what sizes the intake/exhaust valves are? Anyone help me out here? I need 1.65" intake valves and 1.38" exhaust valves, i got a W58 and the intake/exhaust valves measured 1.3/8ths exhaust and 1.5/8ths inch intake. Is that the same as 1.65" and 1.38"??? (i'm dumb)

pics for the whores, i have started clean up process, these are before pics. ill get some progress pics soon. Ill clean it up better once the engine is out...

IMG_20110430_141524.jpg

IMG_20110430_171556.jpg

IMG_20110430_141501.jpg

IMG_20110430_141516.jpg

IMG_20110430_141507.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you cant lower the rocker arm post any more(maxed out) then your valves are sunk and need another head.

OH NO! really? I just redid my head after my girlfriend blew the HG on it. Main problem (well...... that's a understatement. I had TONS of problems.. haha)....anyway main thing i noticed was when I tried to do valve lash, I wasn't able to get any clearance on a few valves. I scratched my head over it for a while and thought I might find a solution somewhere, and now I found this post. I can't find anything else about it. Is it really new head time? It took me soooo long to do that... I messed up the timing chain wedge situation and the tensioner popped out...ugh... piece of shit design. *shakes head*

Could I just get thinner lock nuts for the 3 valves that seem to be maxed out? maybe that would buy the space? I was really hoping that sleep and an epiphany would solve that issue. haha

Making progress on clean up. Still need to borrow a cherry picker and get that damn thing outta there :rofl:

also pulled the rear bumper off, its hammered!

IMG_20110505_195340.jpg

on this picture you can see where i cleaned one spot on the block, just to see how caked the shit is. Its about 1/4" thick...

IMG_20110505_195230.jpg

IMG_20110505_195139.jpg

IMG_20110505_195132.jpg

IMG_20110505_195123.jpg

IMG_20110505_195115.jpg

Got a matchbox dizzy and coil from Ted (tdaaj). Cleaned it up a little tonight. Looks alright, going to hit it with some finer paper later, this was with just 220 grit. Next up is the dizzy...

IMG_20110505_203857.jpg

after

IMG_20110505_225820.jpg

I picked up this really cool brush guard for my sons Bronco II

whatdaya think??

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ154-1.jpg

:rofl: My bumper! You are so awesome thanks for getting that for me man, i really appreciate it. You saw my wagoon bumper and how f'ed up it is.

Sorry man, to dark out. got the carpet out of the front/rear seats. just not the little bit o carpet under the rear seat part. Seats are unbolted and just sitting there. I saved the original carpet for a template. saving the door panels for templates also.

Gonna get a pneumatic right angle/die grinder, then some materials to start on the interior panels. Not sure what to do about the inside wheel wells yet. Might just sand down, paint black.

I helped a buddy of mine swap motors in his neon last year. He is giving me a really nice set of seats and the center console from it for the goon. Ill be picking them up sunday, pics to come then

Also, i found a small spot of rust on the goon. Ill be getting a grind and fixing it up soon. Just weather/time permitting.

• 2 weeks later...

I should work on my car more often, so this shit dont fall back to the fourth page. Here are the seats and center console i got for helping a friend with a motor swap. Need to find the lid to the center console tho :blink:

seats/console out of an early 2000's kneeon

IMG_20110525_103926.jpg

Need to finish cleaning up the old carpet/pad. Clean up the little bit of surface rust on the floor. One small patch needs replaced, but i have some spare tin for that. Going to copy micro's seat bracket idea for my seats. Need to trim the center console up a bit, but just threw it in there for now...

DSCF0185.jpg

DSCF0184.jpg

DSCF0183.jpg

I had that same prob fitting my center console. The shifter is so far up there. I ended up cutting a bunch off the front of the console. My console is in two pieces tho, I figure I can find another front section when I swap in a VG.

You should cover the heater and make some vents and direct the flow out the sides of the console. I shoulda done that.

I had that same prob fitting my center console. The shifter is so far up there. I ended up cutting a bunch off the front of the console. My console is in two pieces tho, I figure I can find another front section when I swap in a VG.

You should cover the heater and make some vents and direct the flow out the sides of the console. I shoulda done that.

Thats exactly what i was thinkin of doing! I like it when feet heat works in a car :lol: