69 Green Goon

izzo

Thanks for the hood CoreAce. I just need to find one bolt for the latch bracket, and then replace one nut on the hood mounting points (ones missing)

Very good hood for free! No rust, thats a plus :D I sprayed the hood trim on the original hood with PB blaster in hopes of recovering the hood trim. we shall see.

going to try and tackle getting the new doors in monday morning/night. Probably get done after i get home from work. Monday morning i need to go get a chevy door pin kit for the driver door. its toast.

DSCF0379.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put a mintish passenger front/rear door on the goon today. Needs a little adjustment to open/close better but good enough for now. The rubber on them is like new :D

Got the motor in my little shop (i do mean little, can't fit a car in there) Got a usable head, now just need to finish putting it together. Nothing special, just a stock L16... Good enough to drive around in.

I need a cherry picker, bad...

haha...

Almost got the L16 done. need to finish cleaning the old gasket off the timing cover, put it back on. torque the head bolts, install oil pump & dizzy and its done.. then need to throw it in the car. I'd probably be more motivated if the thing ran.

Ill work on the L16 more this friday. Maybe if i could get that motor done, and running good enough to drive the wagon around town id be more inclined to do something with it... I just dont think i have the time or money anymore for projects. I need to stop purchasing them. I'd be pretty stoke to have a B12 2 door instead of this :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Got bored, tore the motor apart :D

When i first got it....

IMG_20110430_141501.jpg

This morning

tempjpg.jpg

then a little while later

IMG_20110722_174818.jpg

IMG_20110722_174827.jpg

And then

IMG_20110722_185659.jpg

Im done for the day, sun burnt like a mofo too. Need to make a trip to the hardware store for some odds and ends nut/bolt wise. Might just have me a running wagon tomorrow.

Different head, new timing gear, new gaskets.

Need to block off the dizzy advance at the carb since the base broke. Finish bolting the intake/exhaust on. Install fuel pump, install dizzy and oil pump. double check everything then i will do a test fire on it. Wont have a radiator in there so can't run it long but will see if it will run...

Going to 620kevins house on friday to pickup an L20. Just needs a clutch, accel pump gasket on the weber, and new intake/exhaust gasket. I might be able to pickup the clutch friday on the way there or when i get back into town. start tearing out the L18 saturday morning...

I have some stuff i need to get rid of, FAST... Ill post up some shit in the for sale section soon.

Got the L20 home! Kevin totally hooked it up. ill take some photos tomorrow as Laecaon gets here and we get the L18 out and this one stuffed in there :D

New clutch kit, a few new gaskets getting picked up in the morning. Need to run over to the hardware store and buy a couple nuts for the carb.. but should be pretty smooth going.

Thank you so much for coming over with your cherry picker and helping out Laecaon. Couldn't of done it without ya man!

L20 has a new clutch and is installed. Im done for today, ill throw up pictures later. I just got cleaned up, imma go out n have some dinnar with the wife. Pz

No problem Izzo! Thanks for the L18! Sadly I discovered the distributor is not a pertronix, just a single point. LOLZ

say what? I thought the points were different, that has a rotor on it... Sorry man! Thought it was...

Kevin, not running man. Just in place. next friday evening ill get to hooking things up (exhaust etc...) I need to pull the exhaust manifold out, do a little cutting and welding on it... Then get the intake/exhaust mounted up. Once thats done i just have to plum the radiator/heater hoses, install the starter, hookup the couple of wires and done... Im going to wait to get the weber on till i get the gasket made for it. Stock carb should be good enough to get it rolling for now.

say what? I thought the points were different, that has a rotor on it... Sorry man! Thought it was...

Kevin, not running man. Just in place. next friday evening ill get to hooking things up (exhaust etc...) I need to pull the exhaust manifold out, do a little cutting and welding on it... Then get the intake/exhaust mounted up. Once thats done i just have to plum the radiator/heater hoses, install the starter, hookup the couple of wires and done... Im going to wait to get the weber on till i get the gasket made for it. Stock carb should be good enough to get it rolling for now.

FRIDAY!!!??? WTF!!!????

FRIDAY!!!??? WTF!!!????

:rofl: I gotta work the next 5 days man, friday early afternoon is my sons bday.. Ill be lucky to work on it friday evening, then work on it saturday. Should be a runner very soon tho. Whats one more week, ive already had it sitting in my driveway for months. Once it runs, ill get motivated to finish up the other little things (interior panels, seats) That 620 you got would look good sitting next to this smagoon.