69 Green Goon

izzo

Going to keep this wagoon, its cool!

Picked this up from the second owner who purchased it in 1974, the 1974 wa state titles are different. Printed on tractor paper :rofl:

Ken bought it in 1974, and drove it up until last year. In the 90s he had an L18 crate engine put in it. It was original the cream/tan color when he bought it. You can see some damage in his pictures. He had it painted in 1992, man this thing was a real head turner. Hope to get it back there soon. Just have to see what 620kevins schedule looks like.

As of now, the front fenders need replaced, all the interior/seats, rear bumper, windshield seal. Currently not running, acts like it jumped teeth on the timing. I ordered new timing gear, gaskets from napa auto parts, picking them up tomorrow. might get to it this weekend, but well see. Still need to throw my 720 back together!

I already ordered new windshield gasket, bought a matchbox dizzy, and waiting for word from mario about a carpet kit. need to find seats soon! Needs door hinge fixin on the driver door.

I got these pictures from ken, and he wanted me to make sure and let everyone know they are copy written. Credit goes to the previous owner, Ken Layton

Here it is in 1974 when he got it. Notice the fender lights are stock, hoods dented, then look after it was painted...

Datsun1974front.jpg

Datsun1974picture.jpg

Datsun1974rear.jpg

Datsun1974sideview.jpg

DatsunJune92front.jpg

DatsunJune92rear.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! The interior needs some help for sure but not too bad otherwise. Are you going to keep it that intense green or something else. That is the greenist car I have seen here.

Dunno yet, need to talk to 620kevin, haven't heard back from him in a while (hes probably busy as a mofo tho) That is a green ass car, colors are hard for me to choose. it didn't look bad back in 1992 (tho i think its darker because of the camera)

Nice score!!!

you better bring that Datsun parts catalog CD over and rummage thru my stash for that thing !

Haha, not giving it up, but will get you one :D

If i can find a decent set, problem is these fenders are toast. maybe if i can find some other crappy ones to patch these, then maybe. but ive never attempted something like that.

almost be easier to just find some later fenders, and patch the side marker lights, then make new ones for the original bullet lights.

I never seen a double roller chain jump a tooth. I can see them being off a tooth when installed incorrectly.

just dial it up to zero on crank and see where the marks are. if good then look at maybe a worn dizzy bushing if it is still a point dist, then look at the carb. adjust valve lash also. should get you there.

Hope you got the good Jap chain set. not the melling or Cloyes!!!!!!!

no, come over with your cherry picker and help me get that f'ing 720 rolling. i got it all together, and its not firing up. dont think im getting spark but not positive. i took a wire out and threw a plug in it, turned it over and saw no spark. put it in many locations, nothing.. dunno, its pissing me off..

Fucked with the goon, heres what shes doing. finally got her fired up. Timing marks are GOOD! Just runs a little rough, i know it needs intake/exhaust gasket, but seems like it could be something else too. i hear a pop/slap sound. chain looks a little loose when i turn it reverse direction, might be worn out. dunno :(

videos in a minute

Maybe, i hear a tap or a pop sound, when its going. sometimes consistent, sometimes random. might just be popping from the gasket being blown out, might be chain slapping the cover???

going to watch the how to valve video, then check clearances. napa didn't have a compression checker :mad: they will have one for me in the morning tho...

adjust the valves...

sick620's 521 was pretty much the same way... it popped spit farted all that shit...

i bet that will make it run like a sewing machine..

Will do tomorrow first chance i get, thanks farmer. Imma get my drink on tonight, so who knows when imma get up lolz.

my car ran like that til i got my intake gasket changed out. no matter how much i fucked with the carb, it ran like shit.

i know my lash needs adjusted and ill get there soon :lol:

lets paint that bitch green :hyper:

been busy as shit lately, we've had back to back ships to unload and ive been workin on my dime when im not sleepin or workin!!

my car ran like that til i got my intake gasket changed out. no matter how much i fucked with the carb, it ran like shit.

i know my lash needs adjusted and ill get there soon :lol:

lets paint that bitch green :hyper:

been busy as shit lately, we've had back to back ships to unload and ive been workin on my dime when im not sleepin or workin!!

check your pm, i just now messaged you. i know your busy bro, its no problem. Green you say? Green it is :D ill respond to you in pm ollz..

I <3 this car. can't wait to get it running. I have one intake/exhaust gasket left, and am going to wait until i do a compression check/valve adjustment before i replace it. if i replace it, im going to tear the head off, and put a new oil pan gasket, new timing gear, new gaskets all around. i dont want to just do 1 gasket and have it be something else, then have to buy another. If i had a cherry picker, i would of had the engine out on my stand in the shed by now being cleaned up!!

adjusted the valves, still runs like ass. doing compression check tomorrow

chain guides are TOAST! i dont see any material left, just metal lol. valves were off a bit according to cold spec, i could only fit the .10 in one spot, rest were tooo tight. hell even on the ones that were supposed to be 10, i couldn't fit the 8 in it.

ill post compression readings tomorrow. hopefully i can get this running by the following weekend, and start driving it around. I noticed that the camber is off too, but the ball joints and such look fine. the top of the tire is pointing outwards a little bit. i noticed some camber wear on the outside of the tires too.