got pulled over, need some advice

Eagle_Adam

I got pulled over last night by our local sheriffs office, once he had run my license, registration, and insurance he cameback and told me i had no license plate light :blink: and i dont. My dumbass forgot to reinstall it when i took off the ugly ass rear bumper :angry: Sooooooo now i need to fix the issue before this wonderfull run in happens again. Has anybody installed non-stock lights for their license plate light? I dont have the origonal one anymore. Ideas? im open to hear them :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

]2eDeYe - the license plate light was attached to the bumper when i bought the truck, and i just double checked that i didnt make another dumbass move :lol:

Laeconon - as entertaining as that would be i think it might piss off the judge when i have to go to court for my "fix it ticket" in two weeks :P

The light might have been on the bumper, but the factory put it under the bed, above the factory plate frame. Of course someone could have moved it, the '75 I recently shed had the original light mounted on the bumper (which did little good except make it clear that it had a plate light)

I just went thru this. The round light a few comments up could go thru a hole in the top of the plate that holds the license plate. Single wire, self ground.

The earlier comment is also on track. As I took off my bumper with the round light as shown above, I discovered the fixed light mounted up and under the taligate. It too is single wire, thus easy to hook up.

For pics, dig this link:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/29393-license-plate-and-light/

good luck

2eDeYe' date='15 March 2011 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1300224157' post='444175']

The license plate light is at the top of the stock mount. It is not attached to the bumper, it's attached to the bottom of the bed.

Might need to clean the lense and put in a new bulb. ;)

Ok so ]2eDeYe was right, tongue.gif It was caked in dirt and it revealed itself when i started cleaning out the crap to install the one i got. Works now!

• 1 year later...

I got pulled over last night by our local sheriffs office, once he had run my license, registration, and insurance he cameback and told me i had no license plate light blink.gif and i dont. My dumbass forgot to reinstall it when i took off the ugly ass rear bumper angry.gif Sooooooo now i need to fix the issue before this wonderfull run in happens again. Has anybody installed non-stock lights for their license plate light? I dont have the origonal one anymore. Ideas? im open to hear them biggrin.gif

that seems like a lame excuse to pull somebody over. did the jerk ask to search your car?