8.8 Quake Hits Japan and triggers 20' Tsunami

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a call from my ex, apparently one of our good friends from high school was somewhere on the coast in Miyagi, and no one has heard from her. fighing the urge to worry, as I'm sure the infrastructure is absolutely fucked. Trying to stay positive. This sucks.

Anyone know the ebay seller "tokyo_2u"? He's based out of Sendai. I've ordered stuff from him in the past and curious if anyone has heard of his situation. Looks like the whole of Sendai fell into the ocean since the water is not receding. Just shows us how fragile human life is. Godspeed!

this is really sad. it just gets worse and worse, now its 2 nuclear power plants having issues, only one is leaking radiation though.

and there was a surge of water at Depoe Bay in Oregon, a dock got messed up but it wasn't to bad. the worst of it (for us) was at the southern OR coast and CA

I am glad my friend and his family are all ok but kids are shaken up hard. they never felt a quake since they are so young. i did hear from Goichi1 and he is doing ok. said it was crazy.

I am glad japan has a good disaster preparedness program but I am going to donate to red cross to help as I am sure a lot of people can use any type of help.

my fried was here when we had the quake in 89 and said the japan one made the SF one look and feel like nothing. He is saying the aftershocks are stronger than the SF quake and I can tell you from going through the SF one the japan one must be big time

If you are in a position to donate, please do so. It's the best thing any of us can do.

Although my friends and family in Japan are accounted for and are ok, the thousands of people who have lost everything, including loved ones, will need every bit of help they can get.

If I was smart I would of gone and help. That nuclear plant is really unstable and if it goes out not just japan is in trouble.

The wind right now is blowing towards the U.S.. And also the wind blows towards Russia...

So if it blows we are all fucked...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hyJ-mbcE8DI6W3NhJcGKhHLjmF9g?docId=CNG.169f36d31634e648d6dcacdc2a3042c3.1201