My name is mike

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone........ my name is Mike.

Hi Mike!!! (group greeting, and sounds of coughing and chairs shifting)

I want to share this: I was accidentally exposed to PL510 in the mid '70s when I needed a cheap car DD and caught it from a fellow worker. The symptoms were finding any excuse to go for a drive. Within a year I had developed a case of the B-210 variant that presented another symptom... saving gas. Due to the lack of a proper diagnosis this virulent disease developed unchecked into PL521 by the late '70s and for the next 8 years I was more off-road than on the road to recovery. Eventually in the mid 80s I went into remission and was symptom free for the next 8 years or so but it returned with a vengeance as a stage one KHL620FTUN. For the next 15 years I was constantly working with this disease and thought I had it under control but just over a year ago it mutated into HL710ATN and only 6 months later into WHL710TUN commonly referred to as 'goon'. I've pretty much given up trying and because of this risky behavior now also have the WHL710ATUN variant as well. I know I'm doomed (double gooned) and have joined a support group called 710s UNITE!!!!. One day at a time, man. One day at a time.

Hi everyone........ my name is Mike.

Hi Mike!!! (group greeting, and sounds of coughing and chairs shifting)

I want to share this: I was accidentally exposed to PL510 in the mid '70s when I needed a cheap car DD and caught it from a fellow worker. The symptoms were finding any excuse to go for a drive. Within a year I had developed a case of the B-210 variant that presented another symptom... saving gas. Due to the lack of a proper diagnosis this virulent disease developed unchecked into PL521 by the late '70s and for the next 8 years I was more off-road than on the road to recovery. Eventually in the mid 80s I went into remission and was symptom free for the next 8 years or so but it returned with a vengeance as a stage one KHL620FTUN. For the next 15 years I was constantly working with this disease and thought I had it under control but just over a year ago it mutated into HL710ATN and only 6 months later into WHL710TUN commonly referred to as 'goon'. I've pretty much given up trying and because of this risky behavior now also have the WHL710ATUN variant as well. I know I'm doomed (double gooned) and have joined a support group called 710s UNITE!!!!. One day at a time, man. One day at a time.

:mellow::huh::unsure::blink::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::thumbup:

I would have to agree Mike.. Except mine started while i was in the passenger seat of my dads 2 door. Then now i want everything datsun....

Datsun F-250, Datsun Excursion, Datsun 720, Datsun 510, Datsun Accor Wagon, And even a Datsun Bike:(

Its so dam ADDICTING

LMAO!!! mike! all of my other projects that i swore i'd finish before i touched the datsun have been pushed to the side. Im CONSUMED. the CB750 chopper might be on the road by NEXT summer at this point haha

and skib, you do some serious posting!

I'm afraid I too have been infected. It is starting to get expensive. I keep telling my wife this is thw last part I promise, but it's no use she knows I'm lying. I don't know that I want to be cured even now. Life before Datsun seems so dark and joyless. It's too late for me but I hope my story can help someone else. Don't toy with these machines will hook you quick. Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Isuzu and Suzuki are rootbeer compared to the 150 proof power of the Datsun :(

Someday, I know already, one is not going to be enough. I saw a little blue z in the neighbors yard and I know soon I will be after it