Single cam ka with dual mikunis

Well theres a local guy selling a single cam ka with dual mikunis ready for a 510. Just wondering what your thoughts on this setup is? Do you guys think the carbs would be a pain to be tunning? Im trying to make my 510 a daily driver cause I have a titan and its killing me on gas. I will post pics later. The guy is asking 1000 for the setup.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Mikunis are already set up correctly for the engine, then there is no 'tuning'.

This definitely isn't the most economical setup. However, it does rate pretty high on the "Badass" scale, in my opinion. I'd personally go with the EFI, unless this is exactly what I was after(which at the moment, it's not).

Carb'd KA = minimal/no re-wiring!

True... but because there is no ecu and the KA uses a CAS dizzy how is the spark and advance generated? Custom L dizzy? Mega Squirt?

If the Mikunis are already set up correctly for the engine, then there is no 'tuning'.

This definitely isn't the most economical setup. However, it does rate pretty high on the "Badass" scale, in my opinion. I'd personally go with the EFI, unless this is exactly what I was after(which at the moment, it's not).

Definitely BAS ASS!!!

factory EFI for sure on a daily driver. There is something to be said for a car you can reach in, hit the key, and walk back inside while it warms up.

I did daily drive a set of wore out 40's on my 510 for over a year. It depends on what you want to put up with.

factory EFI for sure on a daily driver. There is something to be said for a car you can reach in, hit the key, and walk back inside while it warms up.

I did daily drive a set of wore out 40's on my 510 for over a year. It depends on what you want to put up with.

We all know you're the rugged individualist, Jeff. :)

Pete

First EFI I'v ever owned is my dad's '90 Sundance. Had it a few years. Single barrels, two barrels and four barrels before that.Gotta say leaning in the door and just twisting the key for a perfectly smooth start and idle sure beats climbing in and pumping it several times to richen it and set the choke first.

EFI is great, hands down. However I have been D.D. on my carbs since I bought her, Still working great and pull strong! Maybe a little fine tuning here and there but if you own a Datto, Who doesn't like a little 'adjusting' now and then to work on your baby :) I want a carb'd SR so bad it HURTS! Funny shit is: FI is cheaper & runs better! I just don't want any computers in my datto!

Well theres a local guy selling a single cam ka with dual mikunis ready for a 510. Just wondering what your thoughts on this setup is? Do you guys think the carbs would be a pain to be tunning? Im trying to make my 510 a daily driver cause I have a titan and its killing me on gas. I will post pics later. The guy is asking 1000 for the setup.

just as long as it's not that asshole from Cl. He was also selling an fj orange 510 etc and charging way too much for parts. I you getit haggle him hard

oh hell yeah!!

id got for the carbs... get the book, learn how to tune em and make em run even better...

lol i was gonna say this thread fails with no pics, but it haz been saved!

theres a video of a guy with a rebello KA24 with side drafts on youtube... let me find it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUJ8XBwX6lU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3QiS5vQlvU&feature=related

that sounds pretty damn good to me...

I had driven a sohc KA with Carbs and it ran good but yeah EFI is better for daily driving and economy but if you want it simple to start off it should work out fine. you can always do efi later or go individual throttle bodies and convert to efi. sometimes good to use carbs to learn how to tune. I learned and am learning still.

talk to Troy Ermish as he was one of the first person's i met who have been doing this swap setup with good success and has parts to support the setup/swap. I even thought if I do another car to keep it somewhat simple I would do this swap or even a hopped up Z24 bottom end with a KA sohc or dohc head conversion or see rebello as they are good at doing those.

• 9 months later...

oh hell yeah!!

id got for the carbs... get the book, learn how to tune em and make em run even better...

lol i was gonna say this thread fails with no pics, but it haz been saved!

theres a video of a guy with a rebello KA24 with side drafts on youtube... let me find it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUJ8XBwX6lU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3QiS5vQlvU&feature=related

that sounds pretty damn good to me...

this does bad ass