For those of you who have storage for cars/parts

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look around at rental apartments, alot of people dont want the garages. Just compare prices of storage units and you can usually barter a price. If youre handy with home repairs you might be able to get one for free if youre "on call" for the little shit that always goes wrong.

In the bay area, it is not economical.

I used to live in San Mateo, Ca and had three Datsuns, but only a one car garage. I was able to rent two spaces from a gentleman who had a classic car collection in a large warehouse, but the cost was steep at $125, per car, per month. ANd... this was @ 50% off the normal price (Since the Datsuns were so small). Plus, I didn't have a key to the facility, or direct access. The only time I could get in was via appointment.

Here in Texas, I rent an enclosed storage unit close to my home. The unit is 9x30, with a small single head light bulb and two wall sockets (for battery tenders). The storage unit can easily fit two datsuns, and tons of parts. Cost is $95 a month.

I have too many cars and not enough garage spaces so I take one of my cars to my cousins repair shop. He stores it there for me for the winter months. It sits outside in the summer.

I tried using one of the temporary garage structures but last winter's snow caved it in. If I was to buy one again, it would have to be the domed type.

Lots of people are hurting for cash and you may be able to rent someone's garage space.

2eDeYe' date='21 February 2011 - 10:11 AM' timestamp='1298311888' post='431705']

He better not :P

if it's another 620 mikes got, it must be the one buried in the TALL grass along with the starters & carbs. :unsure:

Five acres of storage..no mortgage and i still pay the county $ 2000.+ a year just to use / keep it .And for that money they hire a code enforcement officer,dickless sonofabitch to tell you where ( on your own property ) you can park ...angry.gif

,you can`t win..sad.gifsad.gif

Guest kamakazi620

Five acres of storage..no mortgage and i still pay the county $ 2000.+ a year just to use / keep it .And for that money they hire a code enforcement officer,dickless sonofabitch to tell you where ( on your own property ) you can park ...angry.gif

,you can`t win..sad.gifsad.gif

Get a TALL fence and a Pit Bull They HATE Dogs!!!! it's basically a "Stay the Fuck off my property" Thing

In Thurston county district court #3,and also in Thurston county superior court ( yes we took it that far to bide some time to get into compliance ) they allow pictures from aircraft ,,Got German Shepherd but can`t jump that high. tongue.gifsad.giftongue.gifsad.gif....dry.gif

Although anyone on the ground is considered ...BAIT

Except for Philcas1987 that dang dog wanted to stay at his house ..

I have room at my house to keep my stuff at home but when it comes time to work on something it reallly makes me want to rent a shop so I dont have to move stuff around to work on a car...

found a few smallish shops for $600-750 a month + utilitys

In Thurston county district court #3,and also in Thurston county superior court ( yes we took it that far to bide some time to get into compliance ) they allow pictures from aircraft ,,ugh anyone on the ground is considered ...BAIT

Free country my ass, shoulda went further :rolleyes:

I have 7 acres, a 36x48 shop and then a 40x50 barn and bad ass neighbors that don't really care. besides I have a lot of trees everywhere so you can't really see everything

i have one of those car canopies, 10'x20' and my brother has one, both at my parents house... next weekend we are going to push them together and put sheet metal on roof instead of the tarps they come with, and gutters, walls, doors, and insulation, it does help that i work at an architectural sheet metal shop, i will just make my own metal (its cheaper that way)

we will end up with a twenty by twenty shop, i think we have parts for a third one so i could have a twenty by thirty shop... the sheet metal should only cost me about $200... labor is free if you do it yourself.

i would imagine you dont have much of a yard where you live or else you could just add a lean-to to the side of your house, for very cheap. you could do it yorself also