Project:411 SSS R16 to KA24e Swap

Datsun411SSS

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The swap was completed yesterday! The DOHC pretty much dropped right in... Only issue I ran into was I had to remove the battery tray as it would interfere with the intake manifold and throttle body. Wiring was extremely easy and got it done in 15 minutes. I also had to use a oil filter relocator as there was no access to do oil changes once the motor was in. Still got a few things to do like exhaust, radiator, shifter and other misc things...

here is a video of its first starting up...Cant wait to drive it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Yes I am. After a small drive I noticed it gets quite hot in that area... I have left over sheetmetal that I used for the oil pan. I am still trying to figure out how that is going to be secured.

I an also currently in the look out for some springs with a higher spring rate. Does anyone know what the spring rate is on these 411's?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Are those door mirrors mounted on your fenders? They look nice. Hows the project going?

Im not sure if these are specified to be door mirrors, I got them online and didnt say.  I guess they can be installed both ways.  I have seen them more commonly on the fenders.

Project is going good.. I shorted the ecu by accident and just got it running again last weekend.  I drive the car every once in a while.  Still need a few more parts in order to plumb in the t3/t4.

• 3 months later...

Anything new on the sedan?

Nothing new.. haven't done anything to it in a few months now.  Still need to order the intercooler, BOV and wastegate.

This might seem a bit odd but I also own an american car, a 97' Mustang Cobra which alot of my funds go towards it in modifications.. Here she is  :thumbup:

a2fc9e5e-0680-4f26-b99c-5627fa643108.jpg

DSC05058.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello all, the car has been on the back burner and finally decided to work on it a bit.. I just had a shave off a little off the bottom of the bumper to be able to slide it up higher as it sat even lower.

Only thing ive done is mount the intercooler however I still need to run the piping for it.

Here is how it sits now:

20131202_173515_resized.jpg

• Like 1

holy shit welcome back sergio, glad to see this thing is still being kicked around. get it done and take it to canby!

I haven't seen Sergio or this car for 3 years.  Glad that he is still at it.  Love those original fog lamps, good thing RL411s are prewired for them [less the light switch which is a separate part number].  Sergio, take your time and this will be a real eye opener!  Maybe JCCS number ten?

Haha thanks guys.  Yeah it should be done by JCCS 2014.  Its just little things left to do.  With a baby on the way and my other projects, its hard finding free time to finish it off.  I am hoping to run the intercooler piping within the next few weeks.

Babies do take priority!  Then there's the next 18 years.

well it isn't till they hit preteen years that you really have to start worrying.

Unless they're girls!  The "best" advice I ever heard [and didn't follow] was "When they reach their 11th birthday. lock them in their rooms until they reach their 16th birthday."  Unfortunately that's when the real problems begin, namely 16+ year old boys.

Seriously, Good Luck, and many more to follow.  Old Irish toast "Here's to your good health, and a child every year, married or not!"

Unless they're girls!  The "best" advice I ever heard [and didn't follow] was "When they reach their 11th birthday. lock them in their rooms until they reach their 16th birthday."  Unfortunately that's when the real problems begin, namely 16+ year old boys.

Seriously, Good Luck, and many more to follow.  Old Irish toast "Here's to your good health, and a child every year, married or not!"

it is the preteen years that you have to worry about your daughters even more with all the preteen and early teen boys and it gets worse as the daughters get older. remember with a son you only have to worry about one boy, with a daughter you have to worry about ALL the boys.