Project:411 SSS R16 to KA24e Swap

Datsun411SSS

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I worked on some wiring I had made which I wasn't too happy about and changed the spark plugs ... I wasn't able to get a video since the battery died due to all the cranking from yesterday and no alternator connected ....

I did get a few pictures though...

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

First time i have seen this thread...........Your exhaust routing, one word , NIIIICE !!

what radiator ya got? and what fans are those? also if that upper radiator hose gives ya any trouble, the 85 nissan 720 upper hose works pretty well on a sohc ka

Its the original radiator... I hope its enough to keep the engine cool.... the fans ar 7" spal fans with an adjustable thermostat... they have been set to go on at 180 and turn off at 170...

Well it turned out the 411 was running on 3 cylinders only.. even in the video it was running on 3 cylinders... I unplugged cylinder#1 spark plug wire and no difference in engine idle and it revved the same... I did have spark but no difference in sound... So that got me wondering that something was up...I ran over to AutoZone and picked up a compression tester and all cylinders checked out fine.... I pulled the recently installed spark plug and it was as clean as it came out the box.... (that was strike 2 that something was wrong)... So since I had spark, I moved on to fuel... the injector plug was connected but the injector was not pulsating fuel when the engine was cranked...

After that, we checked for power at the injector and it was there so we concluded the ECU was not sending the signal for the injector to pulsate... we checked the ground (white with black stripe wire) and it had continuity so we concluded it was an ECU problem... My brother's friend had an extra ECU so we plugged it in and sure enough, the car sounded alot better and it revved alot more freely, the idle was much better.

So all in all, the ECU was causing me to have a dead cylinder... the car is completely put back together now.... the only thing stopping me from driving off with it is I still have to connect the throttle cable to the gas pedal... I have to fab something up for this... hopefully its done tommorow...

so did you get it driving??

from your not posting, it seems it may have?

ollz

yes I did, I was having a TPS problem but it just got replaced today.... the old TPS was reading 3.34 volts at idle when it should have been at .45 volts... I went to the junk yard and picked one up and its driving great.... I gave it a car wash today and cleaned the interior.... I will try to get a few pictures and a video within the next few days... I think all the kinks are finally gone... I will find out as i drive it all this week...