Datsun411SSS

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GEEZUS!!!

that cam sounds soooo good...

damn... i want a KA, that cam and some R1 carbs...

haha yea it does... in this video it was idling like at 800 rpm which is pretty low for this aggressive cam... I had cold start issues not holding its idle... I have now adjusted the idle to 1k and seems to be starting easier in the mornings...

Maybe a little gold anodize on the housing? Would look good with the red color of the car. Taking the car to JCCS?

yeah, i was thinking of aluminum color but i think your idea sounds better....yea it will be at jccs this year... at least thats the plan..

Well the car has been driving great for the last few weeks since i began driving it.... the original 240 inline fuel pump seemed to be surging while running so I have replaced it with a walbro 255 inline fuel pump and the car seems to be running alot better.... Today I did a small mod to help with the heat coming from the exhaust... Im not sure if its going to help much but atleast its not a direct shot of heat straight to the air filter... Heat shield ran me a whole $5 :)

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yay on the CF.

The CF scoop will look more at home if the roof rack "fairing" is CF as well. If you send me some contact info, I'll make ya one, as I have enjoyed this thread and it has inspired me to get goig on a 411.

I teach fiberglass classes at a local Junior college, so get the materials on a barter system / trade, and the flat panel won't need to be tooled. I am a lurker to the site, so will try to find the PM links/tab, and send you the contact info.

I will need the size of the fairing (although wider might look a bit better) and specifically the hole sizes and spacing.

Well after todays 10 mile drive on the rain, I thought it was a good idea to get my Wipers working... With minor modifications to the bracket, they are on and working as before the swap... See video below of them in action... Just need minor adjustments to the arms as they are touching at the tips when meeting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7QmL2YiCOo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Well after todays 10 mile drive on the rain, I thought it was a good idea to get my Wipers working... With minor modifications to the bracket, they are on and working as before the swap... See video below of them in action... Just need minor adjustments to the arms as they are touching at the tips when meeting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7QmL2YiCOo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Good to see you got the motor in. To adjust the blade position, pick the arm that settles lowest when shut off and adjust upwards slightly. It may take 2 tries but it works! After they clear on the upward stroke, the downward stroke is the tricky one.