Project:411 SSS R16 to KA24e Swap

Datsun411SSS

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you should dump the oil in it since you had the balancer off when you washed it an can only figure water got in the front cover....

Yeah i have to do that. I removed the crank pulley because the front main seal was leaking hence all the oil everywhere. Slowly but surely.. its a little side project during my free time

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Well i been working on it little by little and taking my time on this one and so far its looking great. I am finishing up the last little touches before dropping it in. I need minor things like resurface the flywheel and a new clutch since I am putting on a t3/t4 Garret turbo.

more updates to come once I begin the transplant!

202504_4250115729273_1402655625_o.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well I have been working on this motor little by little and I think it should be close to finished now... I replaced front and rear main seals, both timing chain guides and had to have the oil pan modified to fit my application... See my progress below:

Removed lump on the Oil Pan:

IMG_20120828_210648.jpg

Had a plate with the drain bung welded on:

IMG_20120828_230550.jpg

New timing chain guides:

IMG_20120830_195225.jpg

Oil Pan re installed and painted:

IMG_20120831_100854.jpg

RB25DET flywheel with 350z clutch mounted, can also see the tube coming out of the oil pan for the turbo oil return line:

IMG_20120831_100911.jpg

Next thing on the list is getting smaller belts for the water pump since no power steering pump is being ran and a smaller alternator belt to help with clearance in the engine bay.

Still have to order the top mount turbo manifold and pickup the turbo. More pics to follow.

OK then, how about 412?

actually mike im working on a real "421", i got a 521 and im putting the front fenders and hood on it, along with the doors in the 2 door conversion, so ill have a 411 that will fit a l series with no issues, but its getting a vg30dett.... it will be ridiculous

actually mike im working on a real "421", i got a 521 and im putting the front fenders and hood on it, along with the doors in the 2 door conversion, so ill have a 411 that will fit a l series with no issues, but its getting a vg30dett.... it will be ridiculous

If you want rediculous as well as unobtainium, the 1968 Skyline type R looks like a 411 with stretched front subframe, fenders and hood to fit a straight six [2 liter I believe]. Looks like it would transplant, surgery obviously required, onto a 411 unibody shell. All Datsun or Nissan but not either.

If you want rediculous as well as unobtainium, the 1968 Skyline type R looks like a 411 with stretched front subframe, fenders and hood to fit a straight six [2 liter I believe]. Looks like it would transplant, surgery obviously required, onto a 411 unibody shell. All Datsun or Nissan but not either.

googled the 68 skyline and it looks like a beefed up 510

Well I was able to get the perfect fitting water pump/crank belt. I had to do this since I removed the power steering pump which originally was the tensioner...

For those who may need this, the perfect belt is parts number 275k4. You just have to cut a rib off and it works perfectly.

I also picked up the turbo that I will be using, it is a Garret t3/t4, hopefully it doesnt have too much lag:

IMG_20120906_213758.jpg

Did a little bit more work on it today... picked up turbo manifold and test fitted. Also picked up new belt for the alternator. Here are a few pics.

Belts used:

IMG_20120915_131038.jpg

IMG_20120915_083846.jpg

Turbo Manifold:

IMG_20120915_083908.jpg

IMG_20120915_083835.jpg

Turbo Mounted:

IMG_20120915_115258.jpg

IMG_20120915_115807.jpg

Thats it for this weekend... Hoping to begin doing the swap early next month. Still have minor things to take care of.

It's really too bad people are posting photos with Photobucket. This thread documents very useful information... and nearly every photo in it is no longer available to view. Only the newest ones are still viewable. When someone comes back to this thread in the future to get some ideas on a 411 engine swap, there will be nothing to look at anymore.

Have you considered finding a more permanent place to host your photos, and then editing your posts to relink the photos?

It's really too bad people are posting photos with Photobucket. This thread documents very useful information... and nearly every photo in it is no longer available to view. Only the newest ones are still viewable. When someone comes back to this thread in the future to get some ideas on a 411 engine swap, there will be nothing to look at anymore.

Have you considered finding a more permanent place to host your photos, and then editing your posts to relink the photos?

I have thought about going back and editing the posts just that I know its going to be time consuming and I haven't had the time.. it will be done eventually..